Allocating More RAM

Hey guys, I run a server on an old windows XP desktop that is running 32 bit with 32 bit java. Now what I want to do is allocate more RAM to my server so that the lag is reduced. I have enough RAM to do this, but alas, I get the "cannot reserve enough memory" message. I am aware of the restriction that Java has placed upon 32 bit users with regards to how much RAM one can allocate to a given program, but what I want to know is 1) Is there a way around this restriction? and

2) Do "you" know of any good techniques to reduce lag on a server?

-Thank you for your responses.

Well, I am using a batch file already, but the problem is whenever I bump up how much RAM is allocated, I get the "cannot reserve enough memory" error. This is, of course, expected because I am running a 32 bit OS. The question is, Is there a way around this restriction (I can only use up to 1318M of RAM)?

The short answer, is no, you can't allocate more memory to a 32bit java process. You need a 64bit OS, either 64bit windows or a version of Linux (of which Ubuntu is one). No where do you actually say what your hardware is. You may have the additional problem of having a machine that isn't 64bit capable, it's unlikely as the machine would need to be ~10 years old, but not impossible