Worldedit within Tekkit

WhiskeyCoffee

Hi all, I've been playing minecraft for a few years now, but I am a complete noob when it comes to mods and servers.

I've been so impressed with the tekkit launcher - effortless. Then I decided to use Apex Minecraft to host my own server as Technicpack.net recommended them, they've been great, I just clicked the tekkit box and the server ran with tekkit already installed.

Great job Technicpack and Apex, a perfect partnership.

Anyway, I need help with this...

How do I add mods to play within the main tekkit group? Mainly I would like to use Worldedit and Archimedes ship mods.

Server side Apex has made it easy to find a mod then click to add, seems good.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/worldedit-18.718128)

Is the right mod I need for tekkit? When I try to install it, it comes up with something like 'Error downloading the file, please contact the mod author' 

I think basically I am asking how and where I install a client side mod so I can play it online in my Tekkit server. Maybe I should have just asked that at the beginning:)

Thanks for any help anyone can give :)

• Moderators

Tekkit is a 1.6.4 modpack, so whatever mods you want to add must be that for that version of MC. 

There is an old Alpha build of Worldedit for Forge modpacks https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/worldedit/files?filter-game-version=2020709689%3A326

You can read about it there and download it to test. I have not tried that version. 

I don't think there is an Archimedes ship mod for 1.6.4. Perhaps there is another mod that adds airships for 1.6.4. 

1 hour ago, WhiskeyCoffee said:

How do I add mods to play within the main tekkit group? Mainly I would like to use Worldedit and Archimedes ship mods.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/worldedit-18.718128)

Is the right mod I need for tekkit? When I try to install it, it comes up with something like 'Error downloading the file, please contact the mod author' 

I think basically I am asking how and where I install a client side mod so I can play it online in my Tekkit server. Maybe I should have just asked that at the beginning.

The link you posted is a link to a modpack, one that uses a now-discontinued host (copy.com) of various files, like modpacks. You'll need to use the link AetherPirate posted instead.

Archimedes ships exists for 1.6.4, but cannot be downloaded by normal means. Please download Attack of the Bteam version 1.0.13d (default version is 1.0.12c, you can change the version downloaded by clicking modpack options, then selecting the option "Specific Version" and select 1.0.13d. Close the box and press the Install button again. Then just navigate to the mods folder of Bteam, go to cache and grab Archimedes ships there. (Note. You could use the version included in 12c, but that one is a but more buggy. Choice's yours).

1 hour ago, AetherPirate said:

I don't think there is an Archimedes ship mod for 1.6.4. Perhaps there is another mod that adds airships for 1.6.4.

:o Aether, ya never played Attack of the Bteam???

2 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

Tekkit is a 1.6.4 modpack, so whatever mods you want to add must be that for that version of MC. 

There is an old Alpha build of Worldedit for Forge modpacks https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/worldedit/files?filter-game-version=2020709689%3A326

You can read about it there and download it to test. I have not tried that version. 

That sounds promising AetherPirate. Ive downloaded the above, it's a .jar file. Where abouts do I place it. I can open the file in Winrar, do I extract it? I'm guessing maybe I put it into C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks but do I create a new folder first ?

Any further help you can give will be really apriciated.

1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

The link you posted is a link to a modpack, one that uses a now-discontinued host (copy.com) of various files, like modpacks. You'll need to use the link AetherPirate posted instead.

Archimedes ships exists for 1.6.4, but cannot be downloaded by normal means. Please download Attack of the Bteam version 1.0.13d (default version is 1.0.12c, you can change the version downloaded by clicking modpack options, then selecting the option "Specific Version" and select 1.0.13d. Close the box and press the Install button again. Then just navigate to the mods folder of Bteam, go to cache and grab Archimedes ships there. (Note. You could use the version included in 12c, but that one is a but more buggy. Choice's yours).

:o Aether, ya never played Attack of the Bteam???

So what I have done Jaa (haven't tried it out yet) is copied all the files from C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\attack-of-the-bteam\cache and pasted them into C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\tekkit\cache does that make sense? Im about to going to try it out and see if it works.

Thank you for helping me

3 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

Oh thanks, Aether, but I was also wondering where to put the .jar file I have downloaded from your link. I have added the Worldedit mod on the server, but don't know where to, or how to (unzip?) put the file on my local machine???

Any ideas :)