Villager trading

MB3113

I can never get villagers to open trade window. Do I right click on them? Do I need an empty hand or something special? Nothing gives basic info and I've read wikis and watched videos. I had accidentaly hit a couple so I removed all doors and killed them all (hehehe). I spawned 2 more and still nothing, not even their "kids" after growing up. Does my previous reputation with them carry over? I switch from survival to creative and nothing.

Also, I read adding "millenaire" causes crashes. I'd prefer to have the different cultures to trade with if anyone can confirm compatability.

thanks

I've used millenaire fine in 1.2.5 and 1.4.5 without any problems. The people that have problems with it probably have lower end systems that can't take the extra work the towns put on your system.

I like villagers trading(in 1.3+) in the earlier part of a playthrough, I can get some good supplies once I have sugarcane/wheat production going (I've found traders selling diamond tools and armor in some places). And mods like thaumcraft3 and forestry add their own village traders to village spawn, so you can get into those mods techtrees earlier as well.

Both technic and tekkit release versions are still using minecraft 1.2.5 so their is no villager trading. Unless your using the 1.4.5 dev version of technic or adding millenaire manually since it was removed in the current versions.

Also as the posted above pointed out millenaire should be fully compatible with only possible block id adjustments at most. It was just removed as it has a history of causing performance issues due to its village spawn/maintenance mechanics and adds little to the game beyond the npcs.