Laucnher is great, OSX edition screwed up

mrkees

Question

The launcher has been a revolutionary new addition to the technic pack and modpacks in general. Only one problem. If the OSX edition is in any folder except "Downloads" in my home folder, it says there is a problem with my workflow. anyone else having this problem?

24 answers to this question

I have the same problem.

I have a macbook with OSX 10.5.8.

I downloaded the osx launcher, then clicked on it to unzip it and got the Technic_Launcher with the icon.

When I double click on it nothing happens for about 5 seconds and the I get a small window with the text: The action “Run AppleScript” encountered an error. Check the action's properties and try running the workflow again.

Also, I went to my Library Folder and then to the Application Support Folder and then there should be a Technik Launcher Folder, but it isn't there or anywhere else on my computer.

I have no idea what this means and I don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone help us?

If you need any additional information, just ask.

I have the same problem.

I have a macbook with OSX 10.5.8.

I downloaded the osx launcher, then clicked on it to unzip it and got the Technic_Launcher with the icon.

When I double click on it nothing happens for about 5 seconds and the I get a small window with the text: The action “Run AppleScript” encountered an error. Check the action's properties and try running the workflow again.

Also, I went to my Library Folder and then to the Application Support Folder and then there should be a Technik Launcher Folder, but it isn't there or anywhere else on my computer.

I have no idea what this means and I don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone help us?

If you need any additional information, just ask.

EDIT: Download the launcher again, i pushed out an update that should fix our problem.

Sadly, it did not work :(.

The same problems still apply.

Btw, I do have java and I think it's the newest version available fro mac, 1.6 I think.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix this?

EDIT: I think I have Java 6. It's difficult to find out, since I can't just start Java or found info about it very easily, but I can start Java Preferences and it says I have Java 6.

Though when I look at the software updates on my mac, it says that my most recent updated version is 1 and yesterday I downloaded 1.6 from the internet an installed that.

I'm thinking that 6 is the actual version and 1 and 1.6 are versions of the updates, am I right here?

Oh, and I don't have an anti-virus program like norton or anything like that. just whatever comes standard on my macbook.

I would really like to be able to use Technic Launcher because it interests me very much.

Sorry for all the noob questions btw, I am not a very technical person, that's why I got a mac in the first place ;).

It usually works like a dream, but when I try to do something not so ordinary it gets difficult sometimes.

Sorry for all the noob questions btw, I am not a very technical person, that's why I got a mac in the first place ;).

It usually works like a dream, but when I try to do something not so ordinary it gets difficult sometimes.

I use a mac too and I know what you're talking about. Same reason I got mine. Really though, you'd think something developed on Java (minecraft) would run a little better cross platform but NOTCH.

For the record though, I'm pretty much the "Mac Tester" and I don't have this issue at all. Have you tried looking at the JAVA links on www.technicpack.net ? I believe there is some sort of link for mac users. "others" maybe.

I have looked at the java links you suggested, yesterday.

But I couldn't really find my way there.

There are a lot of links there, so I just searched on the web instead.

Can you tell me what version of java I need?

I don't have the most recent OSX version though, I have 10.5.8 .

I use a mac too and I know what you're talking about. Same reason I got mine. Really though, you'd think something developed on Java (minecraft) would run a little better cross platform but NOTCH.

For the record though, I'm pretty much the "Mac Tester" and I don't have this issue at all. Have you tried looking at the JAVA links on www.technicpack.net ? I believe there is some sort of link for mac users. "others" maybe.

Just a heads up Cheap Shot, but Freya is talking about the auto-updater app that I made, not the normal Technic-Launcher.jar. Him updating his Java won't do anything to fix my app, because it wasn't written in Java. Although, just for the sake of thoroughness. Freya, give This a download. Its the latest release of the Technic launcher jar file. If that doesn't work, then you probably should update your Java.

I have looked at the java links you suggested, yesterday.

But I couldn't really find my way there.

There are a lot of links there, so I just searched on the web instead.

Can you tell me what version of java I need?

I don't have the most recent OSX version though, I have 10.5.8 .

Thats probably your problem. I wrote this app on Lion, and some of the commands that are used by the app are probably Lion/Snow Leopard dependent. What you can do for now is just download the jar and manually update it whenever the Technic Team pushes out a new update, or you can try and update to at least Snow Leopard (preferably Lion). Both solutions are of some inconvenience to you I know, but I don't have Leopard anymore so I can't write a version of my app that will work on 10.5.8. Sorry for the troubles.

I downloaded the technic launcher from the link you provided.

And when I double click on the jar file I get the error message that the launcher could not be launched and that I should check the console for possible error messages.

I downloaded the technic launcher from the link you provided.

And when I double click on the jar file I get the error message that the launcher could not be launched and that I should check the console for possible error messages.

Ok its your OS then. The problem is the Technic Launcher was compiled on Java 6, and last I checked, Leopard cant go above Java 5. The only solution I can come up with, would be to update your OS.

I think one problem might be that if you put the .app in any place that has any space in the path at all, there is a work flow error. Also cheepshot, how do you get the launcher to work on Java 7 for mac? I have Java 7, but it can't read the natives.

I think one problem might be that if you put the .app in any place that has any space in the path at all, there is a work flow error. Also cheepshot, how do you get the launcher to work on Java 7 for mac? I have Java 7, but it can't read the natives.

I fixed the error that you would get if there was a space anywhere in the filepath to the app. Just re-download it if you want the fixed version, and i dont think the open JDK 7 that oracle released can launch the technic launcher.

I got the same problem.. what you want to do is to go to java-preference by searching in top-right corner, then you have to make sure you got the 64-bit version on the top of the list.. just drag it on top. that worked for me :)

I just encountered this problem a few minutes ago, and a quick Google search brought me here.

I am running OSX Lion - 10.7.3

I have my java preferences set to 64 on top.

I downloaded a brand new version of the launcher last night after a saving chunks error and it was working fine.

I booted it up today without an Internet connection (I doubt that's relevant) at first and got the error message. Then tried again after turning the Internet back on again.

I'm totally mystified as to what this might be, but I would appreciate any advice. I've been able to solve all errors with the technic pack from these forums so far, so I know this is the best place.

I just encountered this problem a few minutes ago, and a quick Google search brought me here.

I am running OSX Lion - 10.7.3

I have my java preferences set to 64 on top.

I downloaded a brand new version of the launcher last night after a saving chunks error and it was working fine.

I booted it up today without an Internet connection (I doubt that's relevant) at first and got the error message. Then tried again after turning the Internet back on again.

I'm totally mystified as to what this might be, but I would appreciate any advice. I've been able to solve all errors with the technic pack from these forums so far, so I know this is the best place.

The launcher that I made has some bugs, and not working without an internet connection is one. The Technic team hasn't uploaded the latest version of my launcher to their site yet, so use this temporary link for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3qa4v7gf3twzy5

That version should fix any problems your having with not being able to play while offline.

Is it just me, or does this not create any editable files? (I'm trying to allow cheat mode on NEI)

Or am I just installing it wrong? I'm basically dowloading and running from my downloaded folder.

The launcher should allow for files to be edited. Im not sure whats up, but if you still need help hit me up on Skype.

I got the "Run AppleScript" error. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and really want to use this mod pack. PLEASE HELP

This app will not work on anything lower then Snow. Sorry, but I don't have Leopard anymore so I can't write an app compatible for Leopard.

Oh, and to clarify, my launcher .app file is on my Desktop *not* in the Downloads folder. Moving it into Downloads and running it there doesn't help either.

Did you download the latest launcher I linked you to? That should work even if your offline. The problem was that every time you launched the app it would download, and check the MD5 of the latest launcher against the MD5 of the launcher your using now. I didn't tell the app what to do if there wasn't an internet connection, so it spat out an error and stopped running. The new app should have a fix for this.

Thanks Casper.

I just did a diagnostic test and I see what you did. When I boot it up without internet there's a lovely popup that informs me that it cannot reach the Technic site and will continue in offline mode. Then it proceeds to load as normal (as I've seen it before). This popup doesn't appear when I'm connected to the Internet.

It's really cool that I can see that you've edited it! And thumbs up for a wicked fast response and solution. I'll call out for your help on the forums from now on for all my mac bugs (hopefully there wont' be any :D).

Thanks Casper.

I just did a diagnostic test and I see what you did. When I boot it up without internet there's a lovely popup that informs me that it cannot reach the Technic site and will continue in offline mode. Then it proceeds to load as normal (as I've seen it before). This popup doesn't appear when I'm connected to the Internet.

It's really cool that I can see that you've edited it! And thumbs up for a wicked fast response and solution. I'll call out for your help on the forums from now on for all my mac bugs (hopefully there wont' be any :D).

Im glad to be of service, and just a heads up, but I'm adding a whole bunch of new features soon, so look forward to those >:]