Hi so I got a new laptop, and ever since modpacks won't open

empathen_stars

Question

3 answers to this question

This error normally indicates, that minecraft has a problem with your graphics driver.

try updating your graphics driver. and if this doesn't help try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics driver.

If you have an nvidia graphics card:

while installing a new driver, you can choose 'Custom (Advanced)' and then 'Perform a clean installation'. This way your old Graphics driver and all other files nvidia installed to your computer should be deleted befor the new driver gets installed.

but If you want to be sure, I'd advise you to manually uninstall geforce experience, nvidia physix and the actual driver, in this order via the windows system settings and after that perform a clean installation of the latest driver for your graphics card.

If you are using an Intel HD something something:

I heard minecraft had some issues with windows 10 and intel GPUs. try updating your windows to the latest version that should resolve the problem.

If you have an AMD graphics card I sadly can't give you additional information, 'cause I haven't used one since they were still ATI.

After most of these steps restarting your computer is required for the changes to take effect!

I hope I could help. Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

If it didn't help in any way, downgrade your java: javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=98428

thank you for replying :) unfortunately neither worked, thank you for suggesting those though a friend thinks its a unique problem with my launcher but I've given up haha. uwu