Using Tekkit with Terrain Gen Plugins

Terrain control works far better than some may have been led to believe, The documentation is fairly poor as already mentioned here, But everything that tekkit has can in fact be rendered in, if you know how, the documentation on how to achieve this is freely available on the TC forum.

unfortunately there are some severe lighting issues when using Terrain control to render a world, under certain circumstances, and too many b02's can make your render process very slow, and taxxing on the server and with b02's being at a minimum of 1-100 you'd be surprised how common 1 rarity can get.

If you don't have a pretty good server or pc to handle the render process, the map by image feature is probably the best choice for you, not to mention randomgen is extremely hard to control, even if you're highly experienced in terrain control, values of 0.01 can make a very big differience, or even glitch out.

The documentation is getting better. I took personal care of that with the developer in the loop.

https://github.com/Wickth/TerrainControl/wiki

If you succeed to make terrain control 2.2.4 work with tekkit 3.1.2 please feel free to update the tekkit part of the wiki.

I'm also looking for admin to create a 100+ players economy/tekkit/terrain control server. (gen by image)

I need someone to setup the permission and the item bans and also someone to help with building the map.

If any of you want to help it would be welcome

Really good info here about Terrain Control specifically, but if anyone wants to use other world generators, you can use a mod like OreRate to add Tekkit ores/blocks, and rubber saplings to pretty much any generator.

Also, if anyone is interested, the CityWorld generator has built in rudimentary Tekkit support. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/cityworld/

It will do tekkit ores, rubber trees (it places saplings), and oil.

If you're willing to do some poking through the plugin's code it's pretty straightforward to customize further as well. I'm running a customized branch on my server (github)

I suppose, and thanks, but after messing with Tekkit I realized now that the copper and tin ore are not the 140:X ID they are the two ores that have the item ID over 200. Might want to replace your ore values with those as well look them up in game for the exact ID that is how I got them but I just assumed they were 140:x because there are two of the same ores but it appears that Tekkit actually generates the RedPower Ore ID instead.

Terrain Control Working Config Updated Download Links

TerrainControl World Config

If anyone uses my configs it would be nice if they have updated or fixed anything in them if they could zip up the new configs and share with me as well.

You may drop files directly in Here to share them with me personally.

That file is marked as private. Thanks for sharing it though, I really want to grab it and use it!

That file is marked as private. Thanks for sharing it though, I really want to grab it and use it!

I moved the file to private I will need to update the link here as its a hidden file now along with the rest of our server cloud data, Since I went PRO business class sub with media fire and we have been making folders and setting up security on the files and things like that recently.

Updated Tekkit Terrain Control Config Files

I moved the file to private I will need to update the link here as its a hidden file now along with the rest of our server cloud data, Since I went PRO business class sub with media fire and we have been making folders and setting up security on the files and things like that recently.

Photoshop Swatch Palette for Biome Colors

Thanks! Have you done any updates to it since your original posting?

Photoshop Swatch Palette for Biome Colors

I tried using your configs but I got this error when trying to create the world:

16:05:36 [iNFO] TerrainControl: settings for 'world_adv' loaded

16:05:36 [iNFO] TerrainControl: mode Normal enabled for 'world_adv'

16:05:36 [iNFO] [Multiverse-Core] Loading World & Settings - 'world_adv' - Env:

NORMAL - Type: NORMAL & generator: TerrainControl

16:05:36 [iNFO] TerrainControl: world initialized with seed is 90422302415550458

16:05:39 [iNFO] Registering world world_adv, dimension 2, of providertype net.mi

necraft.server.WorldProviderNormal@63bbc6d0(0) with Minecraft Forge

16:05:39 [iNFO] Preparing start region for level 3 (Seed: 9042230241555045896)

16:05:39 [sEVERE] [Multiverse-Core] The world 'world_adv' could NOT be loaded be

cause it contains errors!

16:05:39 [sEVERE] [Multiverse-Core] Try using Chukster to repair your world! 'wo

rld_adv'

16:05:39 [sEVERE] [Multiverse-Core] http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-chunk

ster.8186/

What I did was create a folder in the terraincontrol\worlds folder named what I was going to use my world as, copied your files in, and then I used the terraincontrol as the generator when creating the world. It loaded all the bioms and object files then gave me that error.

Any idea what to do about it?

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it is not about the exact world which should be updated but about the pieces which are missing when using tekkit.

For example oil wells are not generated with Terrain Control so one need to create a BOB for it. It would help everyone if those things could be found here as tipps and examples.

No real server owner wants to copy a whole world. For me it is just about the pieces i need to generate with TC for example, as tey do not occuer otherwise.

I guess it is not about the exact world which should be updated but about the pieces which are missing when using tekkit.

For example oil wells are not generated with Terrain Control so one need to create a BOB for it. It would help everyone if those things could be found here as tipps and examples.

No real server owner wants to copy a whole world. For me it is just about the pieces i need to generate with TC for example, as tey do not occuer otherwise.

B02's spawn on top of things, I made an image to explain.

oilwell.png

However you can easily render the oil in as an Ore.

There's also a few other ways to render oil into the world if you read the configuration files yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

It is not only about oils.

It would be very helpful to have a list with all the stuff which is not generated and a comment/link on how to generate them.

I know of:

• Rubbertrees - BOB if using TC
  • Oil
  • Basicly all added ores - Add to ores in config files

I also asume that Forestry Beehives and Redpower Volcanos are not generated.

the only way you're going to get a good map out of terrain control, is by A: learning yourself how to use it or B: Begging/Paying one of the several available TC mappers, Most of them are not going to be willing to just hand you everything for nothing, the b02's take work, and getting mineral/ores to spawn at the correct values also takes some work.

I plan to release a basic set of b02's to the tekkit community shortly after my server launches, Data TBA.

Personally I'd go with Option A, It might take you some time but once you do learn, you'll be spitting out maps like crazy.

But if you're going for option B, your welcomed to pm me.

the only way you're going to get a good map out of terrain control, is by A: learning yourself how to use it or B: Begging/Paying one of the several available TC mappers, Most of them are not going to be willing to just hand you everything for nothing, the b02's take work, and getting mineral/ores to spawn at the correct values also takes some work.

I plan to release a basic set of b02's to the tekkit community shortly after my server launches, Data TBA.

Personally I'd go with Option A, It might take you some time but once you do learn, you'll be spitting out maps like crazy.

But if you're going for option B, your welcomed to pm me.

In fact I am currently "learning" TC and its config. It is just that i lack the knowledge what i need to create. I do not want downloads for .bo2 (at least i would not want them for free). I'd just like to know WHICH things i need to create through .bo2 or adjusting the config file or other ways.

It is just that i lack the knowledge what i need to create.

It should be rather obvious, Ores have their own place in the configuration, B02's are for things such as tree's that do not spawn by default.

But you are incorrect, you do not lack the knowledge, It's right in front of you.

The TC wiki alone has 90% of what you need to get tekkit up and running, Use google a bit

• 1 month later...