NewModpack loading normal vanilla game

isaachemson

Question

NOTE: I'm working in 1.14.4

I'm new to modpack creation, and mods in general. I am part of a small team working on a build project and i have made a small mod that adds a few extra blocks. Now i know for a fact that the mod works, and even that the mod works on the server alongside world edit (mod version of course). because for the last few weeks, the entire team has been manually downloading the mods and actively building in the server using them. so in terms of compatibility/dependencies I'm 99% certain that's not an issue. 

The problem is that i wanted to turn my small list of 2 mods into a modpack as i am still actively updating my own mod and its a real hassle to constantly ask people to manually update y deleting and replacing the .jar file with a new one. I have constructed a .zip file with a "bin" , "config", and "mods" folder inside of it. the mods folder contains 2 single .jar files for my custom mod and the world edit mod. the config folder contains config files generated by my local minecraft environment. and the bin contains my forge which i downloaded in the following way: went to http://files.minecraftforge.net/ and clicked on the download for "universal" under the "recommended" tab for 1.14.4. i then put that downloaded file into the bin folder and renamed it to "modpack" of course with the .jar appending after the file name automatically.

Selecting those files, i added them to archive, calling the zip folder "ObeliskPack".zip and put that into dropbox. once it was in my dropbox, i right clicked on the zip file and clicked the "copy dropbox link". with that in my clipboard i went to my modpack page on techniclauncher, clicked "edit modpack" and pasted my link into the "modpack location" text box. i then made sure to change the =0 to =1 before clicking the "update modpack" button at the very bottom of the page and then closing my web browser. when i open the technic launcher and click "play" on my modpack, it loads a vanilla 1.14.4 minecraft with no mods. checking the downloaded modpack files in .technic shows everything was downloaded correctly. i will attach some links of the modpack files:

Technic page to install modpack: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/gg-obelisk-pack.1604666

google drive folder containing both my modpack ZIP as well as the raw files the techniclauncher generated for the modpack: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TNpBEok2tfufjegK2TbVlyJswkfDqzsN 

4 answers to this question

oh... really that sucks...

so if i can't compile a 1.14.4 modpack in techniclauncher, does anyone have any suggestions for other launchers? i kinda really need to make this into a modpack as not only am i working with a team using a constantly evolving modpack, but we fully plan to go public with the build we're working on, meaning members of the public will eventually need to have the mods downloaded and I'de really rather not be unprofessional and point people to a tutorial on manually downloading mods.

10 hours ago, isaachemson said:

oh... really that sucks...

so if i can't compile a 1.14.4 modpack in techniclauncher, does anyone have any suggestions for other launchers? i kinda really need to make this into a modpack as not only am i working with a team using a constantly evolving modpack, but we fully plan to go public with the build we're working on, meaning members of the public will eventually need to have the mods downloaded and I'de really rather not be unprofessional and point people to a tutorial on manually downloading mods.

Either use Curse/Twitch or the vanilla client. That's pretty much your options at the moment. Maybe, very maybe, MultiMC has patched their launcher by now, but that's not a modpack launcher like most of your members will be used to.