Can't join any servers

VexedLemonade

Question

So I've had this problem a while and have tried many different things to try fix it buy nothing seems to be working every server I try to join I get this error =

" Java.net.SocketException: Address Family not supported by protocol family: connect "

I've tried reinstalling my modpack and the entire launcher 

I've disabled antivirus 

I've tried to delete relevant knowledge but couldn't find it 

I've went to command prompt and changed java 

I've changed Java logs on the technic launcher 

If someone could please help me it'd be greatly appreciated thank you 

4 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

The version of Minecraft that Tekkit Classic uses does not support IPv6 addresses. There's nothing you can do except to play on a modpack that uses a more recent version of Minecraft that supports both IPv4 & IPv6 addresses for online play.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, Lord Ptolemy said:

The version of Minecraft that Tekkit Classic uses does not support IPv6 addresses. There's nothing you can do except to play on a modpack that uses a more recent version of Minecraft that supports both IPv4 & IPv6 addresses for online play.

Then how come I see people playing the servers on tekkit classic is there really no way to play tekkit classic online anymore as it's the only modpack I really enjoy 

7 hours ago, VexedLemonade said:

Then how come I see people playing the servers on tekkit classic is there really no way to play tekkit classic online anymore as it's the only modpack I really enjoy 

There are still loads of players with IPv4 addresses.