Non of the Modpacks work

CheddarCheese

So I am experiencing this with all my mod packs and I don't know why this happen but help would be very appreciated. I have this issue where the modpack is fully launched (when it reaches 7/7 and gets to the main menu), it just turns into a black screen and sometimes it would get past that and then I would reach to making a world and few mins after it turns black. I have no clue how to fix this. I attached my pc specs and I also have a 1060 ti. I have tried multiple solutions non have seem to work so far. Please help!

HELP.PNG

Does this also occur with vanilla minecraft? I would think this is a graphic driver issue, but since the 1060 is relatively new I would assume it has recent enough drivers. Try checking if there are newer drivers you can install for your GPU.

I've seen other games with similar behavior when running an unstable overclock on the gpu, but I can't say I've ever heard of minecraft having these issues...

Well that should make this more interesting. Can you grab a log file after this occurs and upload to a pasting service, we'll see if there's anything useful in there.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:14 AM, CheddarCheese said:

with all my mod packs

I wanted to clarify, did you mean all the modpacks you have installed and have played (or at least tested), or do you literally mean "my modpacks" as in this is occurring on your custom modpack?

It is a custom modpack and it is called Enchanted Oasis. I have tried other modpacks like skyactory and GT New Horizons. All give the same thing. Here is the logs for when I tried to launch Enchanted Oasis mod pack on technic launcher. Im not entirely sure how to get the log files but I think this it it.

PROOF.PNG

Well that's a JVM error and not related to minecraft/technic. Have your tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java? If not, try it.

This could always be an issue with bad RAM, but unless you've ran into other issues with your pc then you likely don't have bad RAM. It never hurts though to run a memory test with something like MemTest86.

Perhaps an obscure solution, as this usually only corrects issues when an entire stick of RAM goes bad, but if nothing else provides results might look into reseating your RAM modules, but we can save that for last.

Oh. I went into the modpack folder and tried to pull up the reports or logs and it appears to me that there is nothing within that folder as in the error never happened or something. But its not the technic launcher im having an issue with its more of the custom modpack. I have tried reinstalling java multiple times, did a hard reset on my pc and reinstalled minecraft as well as the modpack and the launcher instelf.

This is what I am dealing with and when this happens, it goes back to technic launcher causing me to having to launch the mod pack back up again.

Error.PNG

This is the file I am trying to extract out of the compressed file but it says something like "cannot open or extract zip files" something wizard. I don't know what's going on. I started to have all these issues when I recently installed my new motherboard and processor.

2020-06-20_15.05.17.zip

This is the error when I try to extract the compressed file. I have tried to use other programs to extract the file like winrar and 7-zip but non have worked.

Error 2.PNG

11 minutes ago, CheddarCheese said:

recently installed my new motherboard and processor.

Have you ran a memory test/and or tried to reseat your RAM?

Additionally can you link your pack? It seams that Enchanted Oasis is a fairly popular pack, with many rip offs on the platform. If this is the official pack then you will need to reach out to pack author for support. 

This is the modpack I am currently trying to work right now https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/enchanted-world-oasis.437620. Yes I have ran a memory test and tried to reset my RAM. I even had my brother double check my pc parts to make sure everything was installed properly.

If we could get in a discord call and maybe you could help me out, it would be very helpful. I just really want to play these modpacks. Here is my discord user (Cheese#9188).

Any info I can find related to that specific error code (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) with that problematic frame (jvm.dll) all point to bad memory, assuming that everything else is up to date (video drivers, bios drivers, java versions, windows updates etc.). If you have been experiencing any other issues recently with your pc, then that just strengthens the plausibility of bad RAM, especially if you've encountered frequent BSOD recently.

Unless somebody else has any insight there isn't much else I can do from these forums (and frankly I don't have time for a one on one discord call, that's some enterprise level support right there, which these forums are not). Below are a few resources you may find useful or helpful:

fastthread.io is an online tool for analyzing HotSpot error logs (that hs_err_pid file that was mentioned in that screenshot, its location is also shown). You can try uploading the log to that and see if it gives you anything useful.

Two stackexchange threads with the same error code and problematic frame. There are many others but with different frames:

- https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/362675/exception-access-violation-in-vanilla-minecraft

- https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/166949/minecraft-exception-access-violation

List of useful errors found in Minecraft and some solutions to them, scroll to the very bottom for this error

- https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/96496/is-there-a-list-of-error-codes-for-minecraft

Hope you find a solution or someone else is able to better help you, if you do make sure you update this thread in case it might help someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I fixed everything, I'm no longer experiencing any problems with the modpacks in general. However, I am running an open to lan server with hamachi with my gf and she's experiencing some type of lag. Its not frame lag or anything but its like she mines a block but it doesnt drop the item until 30 secs after. Could it be me or on her side? I am also running the mod pack "Enchanted oasis" https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/enchanted-world-oasis.437620

Edited by CheddarCheese

That would be TPS lag, aka server side lag. Usually either caused by slow hardware or unoptimized/laggy mods. Many ways to help reduce it, reduce mob spawning, ensure the hardware is sufficient that's running the server, run a profiler of some type to make sure none of the mods are just eating away at the TPS. There are many useful guides out there, but I would guess its just low resources available if you are running the game and hosting the server on the same machine.

If you don't have a separate machine to host the server on, try reducing your game to use as little system resources as possible (limit frame rate, lower render distance). Not much else you can do otherwise.