SERVERS LAGGING BADLY

No however my server is running about 10 players. Post the number of average players you have and some information about your server, such amount of RAM, the launch file to start your server.

For comparison...

Ubuntu Server 12.10 x64

6 GB Memory

3 Core AMD Processor

Launch File

java -Xmn1G -Xms4G -Xmx5G -d64 -server -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

Windows 7 Server x64

8 GB Memory

AMD Phenom II x4 925 Deneb 2.8ghz

Launch file thru multicraft i gave it 6gbs ever time i run it without multicraft(which always reads offline but its running and ppl connect stil) it crashes

player count normally on is between 17-25 and set for 100

Hard to say since I do not understand how multicraft starts the server up. My suggestion is to attempt to run it yourself with different runtime parameters and see if the performance changes. I put a lot of time into making my launch file so that it runs he best it can. Also running a server off of Windows 7 will play a part too since there will be other services running in the background including, automatic defrag, update server, etc...if the server is on its own machine I recommend loading a linux distro for performance, if not then focus on eliminating background processes that are not needed.

background process an nothing its a clean wiped windows only thing it will do is check for updates but waits for approval. Second I have tried running it without Multicraft and the server crashes faster post me how you'd write your launch file so i can compare if i goofed somewhere. I also found 90% of the lag went away when the i removed the tier 3 generators sitting at spawn for the anti-missle arrays. (think its the advance solar panels). as for windows vs linux...hog wash same crap not going to get into how i've ran many different servers and yes there is difference but with the pc raw i have it shouldnt exist(if you know how to handle windows its fine.. linux is just retard proof...and which linux we talking about) Side note i do have the ability to swap over to a single core 2.8 chip. and louis how about a little more info there buddy before you brag. trying to find out what the true difference is so if you post post it all like in the 2nd post. this way as a whole we can root out causes.

background process an nothing its a clean wiped windows only thing it will do is check for updates but waits for approval. Second I have tried running it without Multicraft and the server crashes faster post me how you'd write your launch file so i can compare if i goofed somewhere. I also found 90% of the lag went away when the i removed the tier 3 generators sitting at spawn for the anti-missle arrays. (think its the advance solar panels). as for windows vs linux...hog wash same crap not going to get into how i've ran many different servers and yes there is difference but with the pc raw i have it shouldnt exist(if you know how to handle windows its fine.. linux is just retard proof...and which linux we talking about) Side note i do have the ability to swap over to a single core 2.8 chip. and louis how about a little more info there buddy before you brag. trying to find out what the true difference is so if you post post it all like in the 2nd post. this way as a whole we can root out causes.

Launch File

1. Create a file called "launch.bat" in your server folder

2. Copy this line into the file

java -Xmn1G -Xms4G -Xmx5G -d64 -server -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

3. Start your server by double clicking the batch file.

4. If you want the GUI to pop up, remove the end parameter "nogui"

Linux

The version of Linux I was talking about was in Post #2. I don't know how to make it clearer but just for simplicity it is Ubuntu Server 12.10 x64. The reason I choose to use Linux is the low memory load but up to you. For the sake of time I will ignore the "retard proof" comment.

Hardware

Switching to a Single Core will not help your situation. Though servers only run on a single core, the others are running other processes and allow that single core to focus on Java.

Lag

You said you removed Tier 3 Generators from Spawn. Do you mean the spawn point of the server? If so then you might want to move it 20+ blocks away from the Initial Spawn. Only OP's have access to place/break blocks within 20 blocks of the spawn. If you place a generator within the spawn then it could be constantly checking the block to make sure it is yours. I have no idea how the server handles blocks already in the area so this could be wrong.

Lol the retard proof meant that windows just has a a lot hidden crap to know where to find and turn on/off. Kinda like buying a built house thats still has everything from the prior owner in it and remodeling it where as linux is a cleaned empty house. Either way the problems with he lag lag where coming from the advance solar panel and also biogenerators. minute i removed them the lag was gone. I'm finding some items just bog things down. And yes the launch you wrote looks real close to what i had minus the ram differs. Yes, the low mem and the clearer up is good from Linux. And between the last post i pulled out the hard drive and threw ubantu on one and mineoscrux on the other and found the same issues. So i came the realize its just going to come down to me throwing more and more hardware at it, until the software coding cleans up. Thx though...