User's can't set home.

Ummas

Hey everyone, quick question. Just switched my server to Tekkit Lite and I can't for the life of me figure out how to give permissions to my players so they can set their home. I used Essentials when I was running a normal Tekkit server, but this Forge Essentials thing has me confused.

As OP, I can set my home and use commands, no problem. But my players can't. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey everyone, quick question. Just switched my server to Tekkit Lite and I can't for the life of me figure out how to give permissions to my players so they can set their home. I used Essentials when I was running a normal Tekkit server, but this Forge Essentials thing has me confused.

As OP, I can set my home and use commands, no problem. But my players can't. Any help would be appreciated.

There should be a permissions file to set commandperms..

I have all the settings set to "True" on the file.

Hm... I don't think that's the right perm file then.. I'll look into it more tomorrow. On my iPad now... Until then, good luck!

I think /sethome was a bukkit command which is now unusable because of the new server

It's /home here now. Which is the command that apparently isn't working for the people on Ummas' server.

Yeah I knew this was going to be a big problem, ForgeEssentials is more like ForgeBareMinimum at the moment. Its really going to make running even a small server a headache due to the lack of ability for people to even change their spawn point, or...for that matter, for the server admin to change the world spawn.

This is really rather a disaster of unfortunate proportions, I respect the idea of ForgeEssentials and obviously the breakneck amount of work thats gone into trying to fill the gap left by forgebukkit going tits up...but its just not enough to cover the needs of even a small server environment, much less larger servers.

/home here is working on my server, as is /back and what not, but its a very small server and our members are all on the ops list (cause I can't find any documentation on how to make the stupid permissions/groups configs actually WORK).

That's the issue I'm running into. I rather not make all my players OP, even if there is only 5 or 6 of them that play on my server.

They don't seem to be too concerned as of right now, so I'm just rolling with how it is now.

the permission need are:

B:ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home=true

B:ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.home.set=true

first one to allow home command use

second to allow them to set it

I found only real way to figure out permission is go to Guthub and read the code. Even then not straight forward unless you know java.

while at it:

B:ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.warp=true

B:ForgeEssentials.BasicCommands.warp.admin=true

for warps.

the first is for permission, second to be able to set and remove warps.