Absolutely dire permissions system...

Express

Well, I wrote the below part before I wrote this, but I don't want to make it look like I am the dumb one. The point I am trying to make is this is not user friendly at all.

So, yeah...how on earth does ForgeEssentials work?

Why are all my players prefixed as 'Default' - why do am not able to even understand my permissions I am giving to my users?

P.S: How do I enable the minimap blips for players, mobs etc?

It's actually incredibly simple, to do at least the most basic things.

forgeEssentials\permissions\groups.cfg would be where you change that prefix. You can also set the default group (not Default, but the default on joining the server), to be set to Members instead of Default, if you want. It really isn't that hard if you would just actually go look. I'm looking for the minimap permissions, and will likely find it for you in under 10 minutes, without any help.

E: I literally found it in under 30 seconds with google. http://cnation.net/cn/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5718

Niavmai, sorry to disappoint but I don't think you could be any more naive.

I do not entirely understand the syntax and settings that are listed in the forgeEssentials config files.

For enabling the map, I have tried both methods (I even knew Bukkit's method would not work) from your link - that being on the forgeEssentials/commands/commands.cfg on this line: S:motd=

• Forum Administrators

The permissions system in the included build of FE is still very immature. A full stable release of FE is scheduled for tomorrow so I would look forward to that.

Niavmai, sorry to disappoint but I don't think you could be any more naive.

I do not entirely understand the syntax and settings that are listed in the forgeEssentials config files.

For enabling the map, I have tried both methods (I even knew Bukkit's method would not work) from your link - that being on the forgeEssentials/commands/commands.cfg on this line: S:motd=

Excuse me? Naive? You're trying to put something in the wrong place, how am I the naive one? You put that into the vanilla motd, in your server.properties.

The permissions system in the included build of FE is still very immature. A full stable release of FE is scheduled for tomorrow so I would look forward to that.

Oh thank god, and perhaps the Permissions Wiki page could actually link to something other than a place holder?

I swear to god the permissions system does not currently work at all, nothing I've tried seems to get it to initialize and assign users to any other group but default.

SemiPr0, I've actually had to manually set the group of each player in the player file in order for it to work. I can't wait until there's a command available to put players into groups, like ranks. Let's pray.

Excuse me? Naive? You're trying to put something in the wrong place, how am I the naive one? You put that into the vanilla motd, in your server.properties.

I have tried that in the past and it does not work. The MOTD in server.properties is the one that is equivalent to your Server Name in the Multiplayer Server List. It does not output anything to the chatbox, the developer's thread even states doing this does not work.

I can't wait until there's a command available to put players into groups, like ranks. Let's pray.

You're not the only one that looks forward to this.

@Logan Rusling: Cheers, I will read through that.

I have tried that in the past and it does not work. The MOTD in server.properties is the one that is equivalent to your Server Name in the Multiplayer Server List. It does not output anything to the chatbox, the developer's thread even states doing this does not work.

It doesn't need to say anything. Put it there, and it works.