Nuclear Reactor Does not cool down

-Tal

Question

Title: Nuclear Reactor Does not cool down

Version: 0.5.1

Java Version: 7

Description of Problem:

I am hosting a SMP server

We set up a simple nuclear reactor to test the thermal alarm's "not broken anymore"

If the reactor builds up excess heat it will not cool down over time.

Cooling elements in the reactor still prevent buildup of heat.

Tested in Singleplayer mode with same result.

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

12 answers to this question

Does this in single player or multiplayer on server level. It will detect if there is a positive and negative heat increase properly so if you can make your reactor setup where it will not gain heat, you can essentially generate power forever. If it ever gains heat it will never disperse it even when all fuel is removed leaving nothing but coolant cells. Was there a change to how the heat builds up or is properly dispersed from previous versions?

For me my reactor doesn't work at all. Doesn't output any energy. Setup is all correct (ev -> hv, 3 dotted side and all that stuff) My MFSU simply doesn't receive any power.

Just a guess (and this may sound weird), but use waterproof pipe and hook up the nuclear reactor to an industrial steam engine (yes I would cheat them for this test)(this is from Railcraft) and provide a redstone signal.

Just a guess (and this may sound weird), but use waterproof pipe and hook up the nuclear reactor to an industrial steam engine (yes I would cheat them for this test)(this is from Railcraft) and provide a redstone signal.

Okay thanks for that. Seems you know about that new stuff =) I don't wanna ninja the thread but perhaps you can point me in the correct direction how to use a full automated nuclear reactor. I looked through the item list and all that stuff like "reactor coolant injector" i couldn't find anything about that. Would be very thankful for tips or help.

Okay thanks for that. Seems you know about that new stuff =) I don't wanna ninja the thread but perhaps you can point me in the correct direction how to use a full automated nuclear reactor. I looked through the item list and all that stuff like "reactor coolant injector" i couldn't find anything about that. Would be very thankful for tips or help.

If railcraft is installed and the config option "B:enableSteamReactor" is set to true, the nuclear reactor outputs steam, which you use a steam turbine to create EU, or a choice of Hobbyist Steam engine, Commercial steam engine or Industrial Steam engine to produce MJ (buildcraft power). Turn the config option to false and the reactor should output EU directly.

Look at the new nuclear reactor mechanics:

Explanation of a Mk1 reactor (by Direwolf20):

(direwolf20 got the config option changed to false)

Actually i have my reactor design from them =) As i wrote, the problem was the mfsu not getting energy (it was placed correct). I don't know why but i removed my wiring and the mfsu several times and after x times it worked.

The only thing what still doesn't is reactor temperature stuff. For example the industrial panel gets everything but not the temperature, the remote and regular thermal monitor doesn't work too.