Multiple copper and iron ores, plus furnace question

Hi Folks,

Apologies for such a noob question, but there seem to be three copper and two iron ores.

As my sorting behemoth is still under construction and testing, I can't be sure, but I believe I've quarried at least two different types of copper ore from the ground so far. (I'm running the 2.1.1 server) They all seem to macerate down tot he same dust, though; it's just extra slots used in the sorting machines, and extra maceration units to ensure the different ores don't collide in the same machines.

There are three different copper and two different iron ores showing in the lists. Probably the result of mods, but I'm not sure why, or more importantly what the impact is on sorting logic.

Also, this is probably going to be another dumb question but I'm going slightly nuts ... does it make any difference which side of an electric furnace, that you take the product out of? I ask because I seem to have ingots flying around the system. Not many, just the odd one, but it is causing me to scratch my head again!

Many thanks for any enlightenment,

Michelle.

MOD EDIT: Don't do this

Signing posts is fail. just saying.

Those ores are linked to different mods for example Forestry i believe adds a copper ore, IC2 adds one and im going to go ahead and say build craft? You can disable that from happening but youll prob have to redo your world for new generation.

Sorting that will be a pain, although im pretty sure all the mods can use each others copper I think? Anyways on to you furnace problem, Items go in the top to be smelted, power on the bottom and then Extracted from the back. If you have several furnaces lined up in the a line, you can use iron piping and steer where you want all the bars to head down, or use a combination of cobblestone piping and stone piping as they will not connect to each other and give separate pipes

Signing posts is fail. just saying.

Those ores are linked to different mods for example Forestry i believe adds a copper ore, IC2 adds one and im going to go ahead and say build craft? You can disable that from happening but youll prob have to redo your world for new generation.

Sorting that will be a pain, although im pretty sure all the mods can use each others copper I think? Anyways on to you furnace problem, Items go in the top to be smelted, power on the bottom and then Extracted from the back. If you have several furnaces lined up in the a line, you can use iron piping and steer where you want all the bars to head down, or use a combination of cobblestone piping and stone piping as they will not connect to each other and give separate pipes

Forestry is coded to not generate any ores unless you are missing RP or IC2. However, in certain occasions, RP and IC2 will generate 2 types of copper and also tin (I think). I don't think they're supposed to generate 2 types of iron. I'm just going from memory so forgive the lack of reference but it may give you a place to look. I believe you're supposed to go into the RP config files and disable copper, etc generation for RP 2 and just use IC2's copper and tin generator. I think the string is something like gen copper or something and I think it's part of the RP Core or World or something like that.

Hope that at least helps somewhat... I know if you dig deeper, search here, or search on tr0oubleshooting Tekkit or RP with IC2 installs, you'll find what you need and it'll probably be explained a little better.