updating Minecraft?

Now that the new custom mod url has been added i was thinking. Since forge and Bukkit dont like eachother Would it be a possibility of Taking the current minecraft Code and making a client mod for 1.2.5 and on top of that a bukkit mod for 1.2.5 for all the features of the newest minecraft? Im Taking a few programming classes now and may try to attempt it step by step but if a top developer could take this into consideration if its even possible would be a god for the tekkit classic community.

would it be possible to have tekkit classic in 1.4.6?

No its not because the newest mod versions dont work with the newest bukit. This is why im proposing the idea of updating minecraft in a some what manual way by taking the minecraft code and converting it to a minecraft mod to add to minecraft 1.2.5 then make a server sided bukkit mod possibly from the minecraft server jar.

This actually seems like a good idea. You don't really need to reverse engineer it, just figure out how to deobfscate 1.4.x, and figure out how to reobfuscate it back to 1.2.5. You'd need to do the same for mods, though..

Thanks, first time i have posted and havent gotten put down by the moderators. Minecraft is open source though so you wouldent have to deobfuscate anything. The mods stay the same, just take the code from latest version of mc and make it into a client/plugin mod.Most people arnt striving for the new client mods just the latest version of mc.

Thanks, first time i have posted and havent gotten put down by the moderators. Minecraft is open source though so you wouldent have to deobfuscate anything. The mods stay the same, just take the code from latest version of mc and make it into a client/plugin mod.

I'm not a moderator.. And no, it's not open source, that's why MCP exists. You'd need to do the same for the mods because new features/bug fixes.

I'm not a moderator.. And no, it's not open source, that's why MCP exists. You'd need to do the same for the mods because new features/bug fixes.

My bad i got mixed up. Since mojang allows modding i thought it was open source. But yes ive used mcp before and a lot of the code is there. Seeing how mojang doesent care much it shouldent be too hard to get the full code. If i make a lot of extra cash from my servers this month ill be looking into a developer to do this, ill be asking my friend aswell who owns a large server.

edit: yeh i know ur not a mod and i guess there is still a chance, but imo the mods arnt so nice on these forums.