update failed?!

mikead99

This has happened to me before, all of you just need to do these steps (This happens every time vanilla mc updates) what you have to do is download a clean minecraft 1.4.7 jar file, then you go to your .techniclauncher folder and place the jar file in the cache file. If it doesn't work for you I got no idea then

Ultoryiana OUT, PEACE

I know a solution that works for every modpack and version.

1. Clear cache

2. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\cache

3. Download the right VANILLA minecraft.jar(tekkit needs 1.2.5, the latest voltz needs 1.4.7)

4. Rename that jar to "minecraft_1.2.5.jar" or "minecraft_1.4.7.jar"

5. Put it in that cache file shown in step 2

6. Run the launcher and play

NOTE: Dont click clear cache again or it may be ruined again.

This worked for me, except for step #4, I had to rename the file specifically to "minecraft_1.4.7" or it didn't work. Thanks for the tip.

I know a solution that works for every modpack and version.

1. Clear cache

2. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\cache

3. Download the right VANILLA minecraft.jar(tekkit needs 1.2.5, the latest voltz needs 1.4.7)

4. Rename that jar to "minecraft_1.2.5.jar" or "minecraft_1.4.7.jar"

5. Put it in that cache file shown in step 2

6. Run the launcher and play

NOTE: Dont click clear cache again or it may be ruined again.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I've cleared the Cache, set build to 1.0.0|1.4.6 (lowest) and allocated 16GB of memory. I've deleted and re-downloaded the technic launcher a dozen times. None of it works. Keeps getting up to 99% or "Checking for Minecraft update" and then saying: Update Failed. Someone, anyone, please help. Weeks I've been trying to get on Voltz and non of the other packs are working either except for Tekkit.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I've cleared the Cache, set build to 1.0.0|1.4.6 (lowest) and allocated 16GB of memory. I've deleted and re-downloaded the technic launcher a dozen times. None of it works. Keeps getting up to 99% or "Checking for Minecraft update" and then saying: Update Failed. Someone, anyone, please help. Weeks I've been trying to get on Voltz and non of the other packs are working either except for Tekkit.

This is the problem that I'm having T-T

Also I can't set allocate 16 GB, 1 is max for me for some reason? Does anyone know how to change that?

Edit: Guys I found a solution: Download the linux version of the launcher, even if you don't have linux.

• 3 weeks later...

I did all of this and still NOTHING wtf is suppose to happen how the hell am i suppose to update the bottom version this is honestly pissing me off

If you really want to fix this,

1 delete your .technic(launcher) file

2 reinstall without selecting modpack

3 Download minecraft.jar version: what the mod is using(minecraft vanilla)

4 rename to minecraft_"version".jar

5 put that in .technic(launcher)/cache

6 Run

Should work honestly.