How to upgrade server to 0.5.2

oreo6432

Assuming you've already got a server running with 0.5.1: Back up your configs/world, compare what's changed, delete old versions -> replace with new versions and then add any mods that would've been added with this update. Should have zero problems and a smooth transition between versions.

My Plan and recommendation

copy every thing over from live folder in separate folder,(or machine)

remove everything in bin, coremods, mods and crash-reports (you can delete backups and server logs)

install server

get 1.4.7 versions of any custom mods. may need to prepare a new custom mod pack.

change port from default (if on same machine) and run

If everything checks out.

Shut down old server

copy worlds over from old server.

reset port in server.configs

start in new folder.

Railcraft was removed this update and if you're going to be having people join your server that want nothing more then to update and hop online, I'd strongly suggest removing Railcraft from your server. It was removed from the modpack due to the Tekkit team needing to fulfill requirements set in place by the mod dev (which I assume is simply asking permission, lol.), so until that time it's been pulled. We can only hope it comes back.

To answer your question: Yes, you can add it on your own, but you'll need to inform anyone joining your server that they too need to incorporate Railcraft into their client's Tekkit Lite modpack.

Also, you shouldn't need to remove your map/configs from the server files and if using an external host, would just be a waste of your time. I've already completed this update hours ago and there wasn't any issues with straight updating the files, removing the unneeded ones, and adding the new ones. No need to overcomplicate.

Thanks but I had railcraft in my server still but not installed in my modpack. None of us used it fairly new still working on base area so was no big loss. Thank you all, now if only we could get some transmuting in here have way to much dirt and cobblestone.

Thanks but I had railcraft in my server still but not installed in my modpack. None of us used it fairly new still working on base area so was no big loss. Thank you all, now if only we could get some transmuting in here have way to much dirt and cobblestone.

Barrels are your friend until then :P