Launcher fails to update/download

sniffnscratch

Question

20 answers to this question

I'm having this problem as well. I've redownloaded the launcher, Deleted the launcher and the .techniclauncher folder.

The launcher STILL only goes to "Downloading launcher 0/3" and INSTANTLY closes.

Edit : There's a solution in the sticky. Going to try that. Nope, doesn't work. Says that it's corrupt. (It's done this every time I've tried to open it, I've reinstalled it about 3 times.)

Unfortunately, Norton is deleting the file as soon as I download it. Not enough people have used it yet. :P Now to decide whether to force Norton to run it, or just wait a few hours until it registers that it's not the next coming of the black plague...

Did you seriously rip off the avatar of the guy who runs the whole service?

I know, right? I actually thought KakerMix was posting that message at first because of the avatar. I didn't notice it was someone else until the third time I looked at the post.

Anyway, back to the thread. Maybe KakerMix could post something on the homepage telling people to redownload the launcher? It'd clear up all of the threads being made because people won't even check the first page to see if another thread was already made for the same thing.

I know, right? I actually thought KakerMix was posting that message at first because of the avatar. I didn't notice it was someone else until the third time I looked at the post.

Anyway, back to the thread. Maybe KakerMix could post something on the homepage telling people to redownload the launcher? It'd clear up all of the threads being made because people won't even check the first page to see if another thread was already made for the same thing.

There is a message there now.