Ideas for underground base rooms [Tekkit Lite 0.51]

DaSoul

Hey guys,

i started building an underground base and from the beginning i set up several quarrys which are now big wholes and currently i'm a bit lost in what to do with that wholes.

As of right now i have build:

- Logistics pipe system connected through the whole base with automatic crafting tables, furnaces and stuff for most frequent needed stuff.

- Big library for enchantments

- Animal farm, auto feeding, collecting of whool, eggs, milk.....

- Automated farm for food pumpkins, melons, wheat, carrots, potatoes + automated further processing (cook the potatoes/....)

- "Ressource" room where i collect oil, lava, fuel in tanks for further processing

Now i don't know what to build next =) I have a lot space left (three 62x62 quarry wholes) and a massive amount of ressources, anybody can give me some inspiration (size/complexity doesn't matter)?

Thanks for any cool ideas.

//let's have a great discuss about awesome/great/complex technical buildings, machines...whatever.

Make a massive complex that is quadruple layered reinforced stone, with an enormous stockpile of resources in personal safe's. That way when "something" happens to your base, you will have a backup plan and not have to start from scratch.

After that, fill in the are around it, and make a forcefield that is camouflaged to look like stone so that your lair will be hidden from prying eyes.

PS. I don't care if you are playing solo, this is a great way to spend the rest of your mortal life working (on something worthless).

nuclear reactor for one [forcefields, reinforced stone, water wall, and a seperate indepenant mechanism for automated control. protip:there's no such thing as too much protection...]

for two: find something simple to do and find a mind bogglingly complicated way of doing it. as soon as i get my reactor finished i plan to try for an automated brewery, making many different beverages to refresh the community/get my screen all wavy....

for 3: two words: teleporter, maze

pet pit(zoo)

base

farm(crops)

thats what i would do

Great you read my entire post =)

As of right now i have build:

- Animal farm, auto feeding, collecting of whool, eggs, milk.....

- Automated farm for food pumpkins, melons, wheat, carrots, potatoes + automated further processing (cook the potatoes/....)

I built a brewing farm now, to be able to brew every single potion available.

Does anybody know, if there is a possibility to put potions on a table/shelf/anything like that? Would look awesome and give the room more the feeling like an alchemists laboratory

Make a massive complex that is quadruple layered reinforced stone, with an enormous stockpile of resources in personal safe's. That way when "something" happens to your base, you will have a backup plan and not have to start from scratch.

After that, fill in the are around it, and make a forcefield that is camouflaged to look like stone so that your lair will be hidden from prying eyes.

PS. I don't care if you are playing solo, this is a great way to spend the rest of your mortal life working (on something worthless).

Why do you have to be so demotivated? I don't think playing minecraft is useless. Anything fun in life ain't worthless :P

You could always use the holes to create a 1000+ coal furnace hook them together and be better (and more safe) than any reactor hehe. Also it makes a delightful humming noise throughout your base when they are on lol.

number of reasons for building a secret base:

1. herobrine

2. nothing wrong with a bit of healthy paranoia [especially if everyone really is out to get you]

3. feeling like dr evil

4. experience for multiplayer

5. secret doors are awesome

to op: another idea, dont know if you've already done this with your logistics pipe system, but a massive sorting system that uses retrievers would be good. ie the normal 'drop box' for sorting and a retriever setup that by putting in one item you need more of it will automatically bring it to you. plus some system for keeping an organised 'backup' item for each, ie: it'll sort one item into a bunch of chests automatically, so you dont have to remember to put it back in again.

Only because i wrote "underground" base, doesn't mean i want to build a super secret hidden base. I just like the idea of a cool structured underground base. And yes, i'm playing on a server but with friends, so there is no griefing.