Changing a regular minecraft server to tekkit

Revner

I am a owner of a minecraft server that I downloaded from minecraft.net, and stupidly just learned about having a tekkit server. I put a lot of work into my server and was wondering is there anyway to convert or change a regular minecraft to run as a tekkit server instead?

Help would be appreciated!!!

You should be pretty safe to just snag your world folder from your minecraft server and put it into the tekkit world folder without issue. The only issue you'll run into is finding the new ores. Any chunk you've generated already on your vanilla server will NOT get the new ores/trees/etc. You'll have to generate new chunks which can be a pain if you've expanded a lot.

The other option is to use MC Edit to cut out all the chunks except for the ones you've built in. This will cause the other chunks to be regenerated when you load up tekkit granting them the new ores/trees/etc.

You should be pretty safe to just snag your world folder from your minecraft server and put it into the tekkit world folder without issue. The only issue you'll run into is finding the new ores. Any chunk you've generated already on your vanilla server will NOT get the new ores/trees/etc. You'll have to generate new chunks which can be a pain if you've expanded a lot.

The other option is to use MC Edit to cut out all the chunks except for the ones you've built in. This will cause the other chunks to be regenerated when you load up tekkit granting them the new ores/trees/etc.

Minchar said it perfectly. In order for you to generate all the ores you need for the various parts (And trust me there are a lot), you would need to generate new chunks for the ores to sit in. On the other note, for the cutting out chunks and re-rendering them, I would tread carefully. I'm not sure how integrated chunks are with eachother now, but before if you deleted a chunk, then re-rendered it, the sides wouldn't match up to the surrounding chunks at all. Just a quick thought on the topic. And Cheap Shot is right, the better place was the Server OP section. Hence how I found your post :) Best of luck!