Suck all items from a chest EXCEPT specified ones - Red Power

webnoob

Hi All,

I have a huge sorting system that can support 8 full size quarries up and running. I have separate branches that deal with the common resources that just get recycled like cobble etc. What I would like is to have a retriever (or something else that does the same job) hooked up to a chest and tell it to pull everything except cobble. Is this possible?

I read on the tekkit wiki that if you supply a constant red stone signal to a filter then it will act as "not this item" but I haven't been able to get this to work.

Any ideas what I can do?

EDIT: One thing I have just thought of doing is using an electric engine to pull items out of the chest using BC, use a Diamond pipe to determine if the item is in my exception list (i.e Cobble) and then send it on it's way back into Redpower using a Relay. Will experiment with this tomorrow.

But that is Buildcraft isn't it? How would that go inline with my Redpower system?

Ok, looks I go with my edited idea. Use an engine to drag the items out into an Advanced Pipe -> Into a Redpower Relay -> Back to Pnuematic.

Lets see :)

@thebird - I have a large sorting system hooked up to 120 chests. Most of the materials coming from Quarries is Sand, Dirt, Cobble, Gravel and Flint so instead of sending them through all my sorting machines just to decide they need to be recycled they are taken out of a black ender chest separately. Basically, my entire system runs from a black ender chest. Dust, ingots, raw mats etc all go into it and go to the relevant machine rooms based on what type of item it is. It even goes as far as sending 25% of coal to turn to glass, 25% for Silicon Boules and the rest for storage. It's a very complex system that I have designed to run as many quarries as possible. Efficiency in this case is everything.

@N7Havk - I google'd for that but came up empty. What is it?

p.s I do have the system working perfectly now utilising BC to exclude these items.