Technic Launcher .app file?

Casey1201

My mac won't load .jar files because it is a school laptop no matter what so I am having trouble being able to use these great mods, can somebody possible link me to an update .app file they might have? I tried to make one, but it would keep trying to open the .jar file in the .app.

Please somebody help me, I have been trying everything for the past month and don't wanna move on from such a great game.

just a question: did you install java and/or java SDK? Because if you don't have that you cant run .jar files.

Another thing that could be the problem: Recently some serieus bugs/leaks were found in java and as a reaction Apple forced all their computers to disable java completely without giving their users a choice. So that could also be the problem. Since I don't have a mac (and don't want one) I can't check that last statement, but that Apple removed java from all their systems is a fact, but it may only be related to java run from the browser and not java running at all.

Don't know if I mentioned this, but my main computer died about a month ago and it will be about 4 months till I can build my next one. I am just trying to have a way to pass the time.

Also Java works and such because the normal Minecraft client works, but I can't install mods on it so it becomes boring, then I went to Tekkit and then the launcher updated, not updating Macs to the .app, but just to a .jar, which my school blocks.

I don't really understand this and wouldn't be able to know what the main class is and stuff. Would anyone mind doing this for me as I am generally confused in this area of computers.

you are generally confused by computers, yet you are building one yourself? can you please explain yourself?

I don't really understand this and wouldn't be able to know what the main class is and stuff. Would anyone mind doing this for me as I am generally confused in this area of computers.

If you aren't that skilled with computers then i would just advise you to get a proper PC. Unless you manage to find one already on the internet. I think it is not very likely someone will just do the work for you, so you either have to get it working yourself or find a premade solution.

• 2 months later...