windows 8 for Technic Launcher

shadow_of_wolf

I have been trying to get the technic launcher on my windows 8 PC but then I figured out that you guys have not made it compatible with windows 8. I really loved Tekkit on my windows 7 PC but we got rid of it. Also ever since I started to read about hack/mine I have really wanted to play it. So could you please fix that (I hope your reading this). I would love to play hack/mine on my windows 8 PC.

It is compatible with Windows 8. Have you tried or are you posting simply due to reading misinformation?

Also, holy hell wrong section for this.

I'm going to have to agree with spartanyanni, did you try it at all yet? Because there shouldn't be a single problem with it. And yes you are in the completely wrong section. For next time, try something before you ask about something... it helps

• 4 months later...

Minecraft and Windows 8 don't like each other very well...

Adding mods to it usually makes it disastrous.

I'd suggest this if anything.

Right click the program and choose the Properties option. Then proceed to click the Compatibility tab and Run the Compatibility Trouble Shooter Button. If that fails now you have to get manual. Try selecting "Run this Program in Compatibility for" check box and click on the version of Windows you want to run it with.

Thats All I really got to say other than don't expect Notch to warm up to Windows 8. Its best to go back if you want to have a somewhat decent computer (For games anyways...).

Heres what notch thinks about Windows 8 In all.

Got an email from microsoft, wanting to help "certify" minecraft for win 8. I told them to stop trying to ruin the pc as an open platform.

— Markus Persson (@notch)

I'd rather have minecraft not run on win 8 at all than to play along. Maybe we can convince a few people not to switch to win 8 that way..

— Markus Persson (@notch)