Technic launcher suggestion.

Kenneth Strickland

Is it possible to add a button to the GUI that allows users to, when they select their mod pack click this particular button to take them back to the main launcher page when they are finished with that mod pack. This would make it easier and bypass the constant closing of the game and reopening of the launcher.

If there is a button like this than I am blinder than a bat and have not found it. However I do believe that this would be a good idea for the launcher.

I think this question might be construed incorrectly. I'm pretty sure he is asking that instead of launching the game after download, that there to be an option instead of opening the modpack it tells you that the modpack is done downloading and waits for a user input to launch.

I might be wrong, the question is a bit unclear.

I think this question might be construed incorrectly. I'm pretty sure he is asking that instead of launching the game after download, that there to be an option instead of opening the modpack it tells you that the modpack is done downloading and waits for a user input to launch.

I might be wrong, the question is a bit unclear.

It is not as much of question as it is but a suggestion. I just thought that it would be a lot less time consuming that instead of having to close the game and reopening the launcher, that when you close the particular modpack you are playing you could instead press a button that takes you back to the launcher screen or like the others said. Have a checkbox or it just automatically relaunches the launcher or have something that asks you before closing the game if you want it to reopen the launcher.

The problem you're missing is the launcher is designed to take another program and modify it and launch it and that's it. In order to have a button of some kind BACK you need another mod made specifically to add a button in the modpack for relaunch the launcher. IMO, this is a waste of time.

The best idea you could hope for is a check box on the launcher to remain open after it has launched the game. I don't think this is wise either because it is a second item loaded in Java and using resources better saved for running the game.