Modern city challenge comp

Sheldor

Hi.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but here's the deal, I have been eyeing the modern city challenge for a while and I thought that I might be able to start a small comp, using technic 6 build a ,modern city and allow a forum of people to judge it.

Anyone interested?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Modern city challenge

If this is a challenge, I accept... I invite all who want to to join in on this experience, but may I lay down a few suggestion rules:

1. The map must be made in actual Technic or Tekkit, state which, no additional mods other than world edit and such A.K.A. don't add new blocks

2. Personal texture packs are recommended, if your world is meant for one, put it in the description

3. Have fun, just because it's a competition, remember there is no current reward to the victor, so don't get too worked up about losing :D.

I recommend anyone to join with friends, and make this one of the most notable Technic/Tekkit challenges yet :D.

Hmmm, interesting. I first understood this was some kind of map about a modern city that needed some misions to be made in order to make something. But this is good, too. How about some suggestions for the scoring?

• [li]Extra points for defence systems and fortress like security. This is Minecraft, after all, there are creepers and skeletons out there. I expect my city to keep me safe, at least up to a certain level.[/li]
    [li]Extra points for different power sources, specially renewable power sources. Think of an after the war scenario: your city may be the last known human emplacement. You can't afford to go back to stone age if you run out of uranium, lava or similar.[/li]
    [li]Extra points for renewable resources: (automated) tree farms? Building material generators? The least destruction of the ecosystem needed to create your city, the better.[/li]

Good idea, bad idea, don't care? What do you think, people?

Seems like this is going well.

I m with DanNetwalker on his scoring things such as self sustaining and safety, yet as for one power source I believe that people should try and make an entirely self sustaining system ( such as turning their power houses into perpetual energy machines ) hence you could use solar panels and the tokamak considering I have allowed APS, just say wether or not you have it installed and what block ID it is.

Spoilers:

Railcraft tunnel bore under streets= perfect subway system.

Wire and luminaries connected to a power source set up to only export at night makes a good streetlight.

I will award marks for running water and uses for it in houses (eg. Water leading to a tank and valve pipe could be used as a toilet).

Make people pay for electricity.

Computer craft bank that counts how much EMC you deposit that can be easily used and gives everyone a code for the one input panel.

An export building ie. dock that gets stocked with crated resources and can send them through out the map.

Double points for double cities!

Seriously, if you can set up some support cities that perform farming that then export to your to your city instead of it all being done in a metropolis.

Also if you set up two to export/import from each other.

Anyway, these will get you more points from me.

Also, if anyone can Mceditt all the Tekit maps into one server with them set up for trade etc please do so.

Ill do it. All entries will be put into one map and hosted on my Hamachi server. Only Sheldor will be on the private network.

EDIT: Also, a note for sheldor: I will put them together when the contest is CLOSED I will not be entering. Sorry ARMA2OA...