Does this modpack work now?

wastipk

I noticed Tekkit lite, not really sure what it means but I had to stop playing Tekkit due to bugs no one had the solution for at the time.

So I wanted to play Minecraft again, was considering Voltz but if Tekkit Lite works well I'll go for that, (has it got Forestry?).

Hmm they seem to have removed the tech support forum section all together, and I am seeing people posting reports of the same old bugs in discussion.. oh well.

No it was 2, first to do with the TechnicLauncher not running, which has been resolved, second was some kind of lag spike I never really understood that people still seem to be having. Someone told me it's something to do with Java dumping something and leaking memory. IDK really but I see it happens still so not really worth me getting into it.

I doubt Lite would fix either of those, but as for the memory problem, I could check that out. How much RAM are you giving Tekkit? Too much can make the memory dumps cause far larger lag spikes.

You should also check the auto save option, to make sure it's not too frequent.

The launcher was fixed long ago. As for a lag spike, without actual information, noone can say. with what you've told us, i'd assume that you either had minecraft using the wrong video card, or just in general have a bad computer, in which case, no, tekkit lite would not fix that.

Yeah my computer is pretty shit, but I ran the game fine for 2 months and then the problem started, I think prolo is pretty close but I'm not really looking for a solution, because I think if there was one it would be common knowledge right now.

The problem with the bug is, because it causes lag, people just assume you can't run it when that is not the case. The lag is more like intermittent, and it randomly starts and stops, its so difficult to explain but I see a few people have it.

Jay, do you have to be so blunt? Can you not understand why people would find that frustrating?

There was a lot of information in Jay?'s post, wastpik. Using the wrong video card and having a bad computer can also cause lagspikes, and she gave you an answer from what she could see. There's nothing wrong with that, she's actually trying to help, not mocking you.

It would still be useful to see your computer specs and the amount of RAM allocated etc., since without that, Jay?'s answer is the best anyone can give you without pure speculation.

Honestly I'm not looking for a solution, I understand whatever the problem is, its something to do with my PC, although it seems to randomly effect people no matter how good their PC is. I may have inadvertently solved it since the problem but its too much effort to find out. I seem to remember reading something about NT which could be a cause, anyway nevermind all that.

Since you clearly missed the variable clause in my statement, let me point out the important part. without actual information, noone can say.

I gave you the two most common causes of lag spikes in tekkit. if you post specs and logs, it's likely that someone can TELL YOU what's going on.

And yes, i do have to be so blunt, and i don't care how other people feel about it. people will either take my blunt advice, and probably fix their problem, or they will not take my blunt advice, and maybe they'll just keep having their problem.