OPTIFINE MAC OS X

MacDaddyPro

Please help,

I'm running tekkit-lite 1.4.7 on a Mac os x 10.6.8

I've tried every attempt to get optifine to work with tekkit-lite.

I can get it to work with regular minecraft, but not tekkit-lite.

When I add the optifine files to the modpak.jar it always launches without FML

I also tried adding the optifine files to the minecraft.jar same thing happens.

I tried both as well just to try everything. Tried evey version of optifine too.

Does anyone have a clue how I might get it to work?

Thanks in Advanced for your help

MDP

Hey all,

This worked!

You gotta do it slightly different on mac because of ZIP uselessness.

Rename "modpack.jar" to "modpack.zip", unzip it, open the new modpack folder and inject the optifine files (copy/paste/add/replace), then select all of the files inside the folder (cmd+a), right click and "Compress xxx items.." This will make an "Archive.zip" file inside the modpack folder. Move this zip file back up one level out of the modpack folder into the "bin" folder, rename it to "modpack.jar" and you're good to go!

Please help,

I'm running tekkit-lite 1.4.7 on a Mac os x 10.6.8

I've tried every attempt to get optifine to work with tekkit-lite.

I can get it to work with regular minecraft, but not tekkit-lite.

When I add the optifine files to the modpak.jar it always launches without FML

I also tried adding the optifine files to the minecraft.jar same thing happens.

I tried both as well just to try everything. Tried evey version of optifine too.

Does anyone have a clue how I might get it to work?

Thanks in Advanced for your help

MDP

I've been having the same problem since Voltz first came out. Also, don't sign your posts or the mods will hurt you...

Rename "modpack.jar" to "modpack.zip", unzip it, open the new modpack folder and inject the optifine files (copy/paste/add/replace), then select all of the files inside the folder (cmd+a), right click and "Compress xxx items.." This will make an "Archive.zip" file inside the modpack folder. Move this zip file back up one level out of the modpack folder into the "bin" folder, rename it to "modpack.jar" and you're good to go!

I'll try this. Thanks.

Rename the thing to modpack.zip, add it and rename it back into modpack.jar. Mac OSX tends to add its own extensions.

yes. I did that first. but for somereason it wouldnt work. But like I said before this worked (read bold)

Thanks everyone who has tried to help.

MacDaddyPro ;-)

MacDaddyPro ;-)

This method has been confirmed to be successful. Thanks, MacDaddyPro. I can finally play voltz with high fps and sphax installed.

The .jar to .zip to folder to .zip and back to .jar (if you can follow that at all) was never the problem for us. Archive utility was just stupid enough to zip the modpack folder instead of only it's contents. With only the folder being in the .jar, none of the forge files could be found and the game started as if it was vanilla.

There is no reason to update forge. The one included in the 1.0.11 build of Voltz works fine. Same with Tekkit Lite. However, you can update if you want the new version of ironchests. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

This worked!

Thank You for sharing this with everyone, ive been looking for a way to do this for months