[3.1.2][PvP][EE Enabled] XenBox - Just another Tekkit server...

Matthew Carver

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, JKT667 here, I've spoken to the owner of the server when online (we were dealing with the retardry of big_foot_FAT XD), apparently there's a bug with Iron Shovels I didn't know about it, I crafted one, then crashed out of the server and now can't log in, the bugged iron shovel in my inventory is causing it. Can I have my inventory cleared, or the shovel taken out. I will lose a lot of stuff, but it's the only way to get back on. Your servers awesome, cheers :)

I will ban the use of the iron shovel so nobody else come at a disadvantage to this bug.

Also, I am not taking on any staff at the moment so i'm not sure why you've applied twice...

Thanks

FlamingHobo98

edit: i realise we just had a bit of a mess up regarding the chat and permissions... it seems modifyworld was the problem. All is fixed now

It happened to ME again, a Zombie must have dropped it, I saw it on the floor as it got picked up by my char. I need my inventory cleared again, sorry. If you could do that, ASAP that would be great, thanks man.

I apologise for the downtime today, I was unaware of it and only realised this evening.

I believe it to have been CompuerCraft using resources.

There have been a few changes to the server:

- Computers have been banned, mining turtles have not been. (the reason for this is lots of computers on the server are heavy on

the servers resources and causes it to go laggy or possibly crash.

- We have a land claiming plugin called GriefPrevention, you can check out how to use it here: http://tinyurl.com/6nkwegj

- The iron shovel glitch has been fixed.

Thanks,

FlamingHobo98

I HATE to be the one to bear bad news, but the server is down again. There was a HUGE lag spike at 3AM, just when we were about to leave anyway, but we HAD to leave, it was insufferable. Chunks wouldn't load and you couldn't break any blocks or pick stuff up because it lagged out. But when we left, it was still running just SUPER laggy, now this morning it's down, we can't connect. Sorry for bearing the news Matt, but if you could get it fixed ASAP that would be great c:. Also, as you know I know more than enough about servers, plugins and the like and other stuff, so I can help you out if you need it man.

Either way, let me know if I can be of help, if not then good luck getting it back up, I think you may just have to check the server log and find out what was done/placed/change at the time of the lag, because something caused it, it went from running really well to unplayable.

Let me know bro, Jack (JKT667)

Hey, sorry i've been at school all day... i will get straight on fixing it.

Sorry for the downtime.

edit: I believe i have found the problem: World Anchors.

i have downloaded the world file and run it on a local server where it would not work. I then ran it in single player. It now seems to work on the local server and i am just uploading the world again to see if the problem is fixed. World Anchors are now banned for obvious reasons.

Thank you for your patience

FlamingHobo98

Well the blocks seemed to have gone by themselves somehow. Well it at least fixed the map for the local server but its taking my village internet a little while to upload the map back up.

There were 6 saved anchors (as it says at the end of the server loading sequence) but after i ran it again after running it in single player it said there were 0.

If they are still in the map then i guess i will just have to select as much of the map as possible with worldedit and delete them that way.

Right, I've found a problem, there's an area, not TOO far from spawn, where if you get anywhere close, the server starts lagging ridiculously and you can't walk any closer, as soon as you leave and I presume, the chunk unloads, the servers fine. I went back to get co-ordinates so you can take a look and just delete the problem area so that everything else is fine.

The closest I seemed to be able to get was..

x: 650

z: -575

(Y, the height, doesn't matter as I was using flying ring)

and f: (the direction I was facing) was 2

the f value was important because that was the direction I was facing and trying to move in when the lag and problems started, indicating the area, hope this helps.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons