Friend constantly getting disconnected on my server

Bentley

I run a server with 8GB of ram and a pretty good connection, and people can log into it fine. But my friend has constant lag and errors while on it, he lives in Kentukey, and people from EU can play fine but not him. He has a terrible connection but can connect to other servers fine but not mine for some reason!

EDIT: he also has weird glitches where he sees me staring at the ground instead of where I actually am, and same for me.

So, you're routing connections halfway around the world and complaining when ping times are up in the half-second range? Hmmmm.

And i put a complaint because no one has the right to go on members profiles. its a direct violation.

Of...?

So, you're routing connections halfway around the world and complaining when ping times are up in the half-second range? Hmmmm.

I mentioned that people from all over the world in different countries can connect fine but not him, and he's from Kentucky, so the connection should work fine no?

I mentioned that people from all over the world in different countries can connect fine but not him, and he's from Kentucky, so the connection should work fine no?

You actually didn't. I assumed the server was also in the EU, because you said people could connect from there.

It sounds like you simply have server lag that may result from a communications error. Has he tried updating Java on his end? I fixed many of my lag issues by doing that and reinstalling the pack I was playing with. Just make sure to back up everything.

You actually didn't. I assumed the server was also in the EU, because you said people could connect from there.

It sounds like you simply have server lag that may result from a communications error. Has he tried updating Java on his end? I fixed many of my lag issues by doing that and reinstalling the pack I was playing with. Just make sure to back up everything.

My bad, I'm from Vegas.. Was sure I mentioned that but I guess not, I'll suggest for him to update java, thanks.

I've had people from 30 miles away have problems staying connected. So it's not a function of distance at all. Turns out most "routers" for home use don't live up to the name and need to be rebooted fairly often if you try to do things like gaming with them.