Version 0.6.0?

Teraku

I keep hearing people talk about Tekkit Lite 0.6.0, but I can't select it in the launcher. 0.5.9 is the most recent one I can select. Was it perhaps pulled because of bugs, or is my launcher just glitched?

Never mind, I found it. It's at the bottom of the list for some reason.

Have you guys managed to update to 0.6.0 correctly? When it was tried on my server our clients were crashing and to get things to work again, we had to roll the server back to 0.5.7. Ill give it another shot if others are managing to get theirs updated properly.

Are you folks using the old launcher or the new one? The mistake I made was installing 0.6.0 with the old launcher. Apparently that isn't a "good version of 0.6.0", you have to install the new launcher in order to get the "good 0.6.0".

Launcher updates also change how and when minecraft.jar is "patched" with modpack.jar. Which is why Forge Modloader crashed when you used an old launcher. So that's probably what went wrong. Or the new launcher just uses a different location for the files, and they never updated the old location with a working 0.6.0.