Get electricity out of redstone engines

Jargen

Hi,

Would it be possible to get a load of redstone engines and connect them to conductive pipes, then shove that into a converter and then power batboxes? I have tried a test setup but i cant get any power out of the conductive pipes (I attached a mining well instead of a converter to test if there is any power). Is this actually possible or am i wasting my time?

It is possible and you are wasting your time. You can get a similar amount of power with a lot less investment of effort and resources if you just build some solar panels.

Welcome to minecraft, where the roundabout, more visually impressive method is sometimes preferred.

OP, it is possible. What you have to do is line them up with each redstone engine attached to one conductive wooden pipe, around a 1x10 or so gold conductive pipe (don't use stone conductive, too much loss). At the end of the gold conductive you need a teleport pipe. Then, elsewhere, place the other conductive teleport on the BC-IC2 (i think it's called the Energy Link).

This way, you can build multiple piston stacks, all going to the same IC2 power storage, without having to worry about complex wiring/piping.

Welcome to minecraft, where the roundabout, more visually impressive method is sometimes preferred.

OP, it is possible. What you have to do is line them up with each redstone engine attached to one conductive wooden pipe, around a 1x10 or so gold conductive pipe (don't use stone conductive, too much loss). At the end of the gold conductive you need a teleport pipe. Then, elsewhere, place the other conductive teleport on the BC-IC2 (i think it's called the Energy Link).

This way, you can build multiple piston stacks, all going to the same IC2 power storage, without having to worry about complex wiring/piping.

Would what i gain from it be of any real benefit? Or would i need a massive amount for it to be of any practical use.

You would need great towers of pulsing machinery for it to be any good.

But it looks damn impressive.

It's probably an investment of 100 engines or more, to get anything really substantial. in fact, probably 200 or so would be about right.

However, the infrastructure involved would then work for ANY engines, so when the time came that you could automate the production of coal via EE, or Fuel/biofuel vie BC/Forrestry, you could use the=ose same towers to make enormous amounts of energy.