Using EU to power Buildcraft machines via energy transport pipe

So I currently have a system of IC2 solar flowers connected to various MFE's and MFSU's. Long story short, I got tired of not having enough rubber, and decided to build a automated farm using the rubber harvester, rubber plantation, and the automated treetap (side by side: <rubber harvester> <rubber plantation> <automated treetap>). On the three blocks under those machines I put three golden conductive pipes, with a power teleport pipe under the middle one. What I wanted to do was run the rubber farm off the EU being generated by my solar arrays and stored in the MFE's and MFSU's. I found that I couldn't simply run the pipes off the MFE's and MFSU's, so I looked for a block that could convert the energies and came up with the energy link. The configuration I ended up using was MFE -> glass fiber cable -> LV-Transformer -> insulated copper cable -> energy link -> golden conductive pipe -> power teleport pipe. This seems like it should work, as denoted on the Tekkit wiki page describing energy links found here: http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Converters#Energy_Link. I just can't get it to work, and it's driving me crazy! What am I doing wrong?

The Rubber Farm Setup

TekkitRubberFarm.png

The Improvised Energy Converter

TekkitEUtoBCConverter.png

Yep yep

Note that it will only provide power to wooden conductive pipes (or machines) but not stone or gold conductive pipes, just like a regular engine would.

Also, if you use a wood pipe to capture the output of an Energy Link, you cannot use that same wooden pipe to connect to a machine, there must be another pipe in the chain first, so like "energy link -> wood pipe -> quarry

you can also put the energy link directly next to a machine too.

I frequently use

HV Solar array > energy link > quarry

But as others have said you do need a wood pipe first if your energy link is not directly next to the machines

PS: also what text pack is that?

@gummby8 Yeah I think I'll have to just do it that way, or run a direct cable to it - it's not that far. Honestly it just bugged me that I couldn't figure it out. I've been able to figure out just about everything in Tekkit by trial-and-error, looking up wiki/forum posts, YouTube videos, etc. There is surprisingly little documentation on some of these machines in these mods. I had to search for over an hour to find a good example on how to set up a rubber tree farm! (I just now found this forum LOL)

As to you're question, I use Sphax PureBDCraft 128x. This YouTube video was very helpful in getting it installed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS_TPBkDs-8. Just follow what he does in the video. The texture pack will include EVERYTHING in Tekkit after you're done! :D

HV solar arrays are massive overkill. A quarry draws about 22-24 EU/t via energy link. A medium voltage array linked to a MFE will be able to run it indefinitely, since the excess energy it builds during the day should be enough to sustain the quarry during the night (and rainstorms).

Ha! I finally figured it out! I'm not sure what was wrong, but it's working now with:

Solar Array -> LV-Cable -> MFE -> HV-Cable -> LV-Transformer -> LV-Cable -> Energy Link -> Wooden Conductive Pipe -> Golden Conductive Pipe -> Power Transport Pipe

Energy Sending Device

TekkitRubberFarmEnergyTransfer-Fixed.png

Energy Receiving Device

TekkitRubberFarmEnergyRecieverConfig.png

Thanks for all the help everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've got this setup working in Singleplayer mode. But if I set it up in the exact way in Multiplayer on a server, the power gets teleported. But the Farm I have the receiving Teleport > Golden Conductive Pipe connected to doesn't start. (Yes it's full of Dirt and Seeds, and the power is visibly travelling through the pipes into the Farm). Is this a bug for Multiplayer? Because it works perfectly in Singleplayer :S

hvsolararrayteleportpow.jpg

I've also tried it on Multiplayer with a Low Powered Solar Array connected to a MFE. Same result - Power is being successfully teleported to the receiving Pipe, and into the Farm. But the Farm doesn't work.

Here's the receiving Pipe to the Farm:

m2aK.jpeg

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Timmeh,

also in that set up you dont need any transformers, you can go HV solar array>glass cable> mfsu>glass cable> energy link.

the energy link will take in any EU/t, no need to transform it, and it will make no difference on the buildcraft end