Disappointed

jettrooper

Dear Technic devs,

After seeing that Voltz 1.1.0 was removed from the technic pack i was very disappointed... I realize that the mod packs don't always coincide with the technic launcher and you have to remove them however i wish you had given more notice to your community members. I myself was going to play with the new modular powersuits stuff on my server that my friends and i play on. Then my friend informed that a new edition of the technic launcher was released. So i, wanting to get the newest version (for bug fixes and such) went to the site to download it. At first i noticed it said it was a beta version to which i thought was weird of you guys to release this as the only thing you can download (sense it is a beta after all). So once downloaded i was gonna return to what i was doing, so i selected the manual selection option and noticed there was no 1.1.0 version. So thinking i might not have seen it i scrolled down the list noticing the 1.1.0.1 version so i selected that to see if that would work on my server. However when i started it it crashed upon loading. So thinking it was a one time thing i tried again and again and again to no avail. So i decided to go onto your forums and i realized that the crashing problem was very common and that Voltz 1.1.0 was removed from the list. So in response i had to downgrade my server and lost the world file and all my friends had to switch versions on their clients. And i really wanted to play with the new powersuit stuff :( So if you could take the time to read this i would be very great full. And i think this is not up to the standards you guys normally are very good at putting out. Thanks :)

-A disappointed user :(

Icewolf will correct me if I'm wrong here since he has taken over the Voltz pack construction, but that version was removed because it was too broken to keep active. Voltz will be done in house now with Icewolf as the new pack maintainer. While I understand your frustration, you have to understand that dev builds are dev builds for a reason. Icewolf plans on making sure this isn't an issue in the future, but keep in mind that stable builds are what you should be using for servers unless you're 100% sure the dev build is fine to use. Hopefully now that we are directly maintaining the pack it will be up to our normally very good standards. :)

Version 1.0.12

• Updated Assembly Line to version 0.2.4.68
  • Updated Atomic Science to version 0.3.5.137
  • Updated ICBM to version 1.0.4.135
  • Updated Mekanism to version 5.2.1
  • Updated MachineMuse's Powersuits to version 0.2.0.42
  • Updated Railcraft to version 6.15.0.0

This is the last update it shows in the changelog. So nothing about 1.0.13, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3.

Edit: Tried to do some of my part :). Downloaded the versions and compiled a list of my own (could not find version 1.1.1 though). I´ll be happy if you could add this list to the site.

Edit2:

Moved the changelog here:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/voltz-version-changelog.40619/

Icewolf will correct me if I'm wrong here since he has taken over the Voltz pack construction, but that version was removed because it was too broken to keep active. Voltz will be done in house now with Icewolf as the new pack maintainer. While I understand your frustration, you have to understand that dev builds are dev builds for a reason. Icewolf plans on making sure this isn't an issue in the future, but keep in mind that stable builds are what you should be using for servers unless you're 100% sure the dev build is fine to use. Hopefully now that we are directly maintaining the pack it will be up to our normally very good standards. :)

My favorite part