Tekkit Lite (launcher) and MCpatcher

Nuin

I just started getting into Tekkit Lite and wanted to use Sphax's PureBDCraft 64x pack on it. The default launcher lets me use HD packs just fine. However, it seems that the font isn't working, resulting in the default font inside the minecraft.jar.

I would like to use Optifine but it really has the opposite effect on my system, which is why I have always used MCpatcher. All I want is: HD textures, HD font, and Connected Textures.

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can get this to work? Thanks in advance.

I hate to bump, but I find it hard to believe no one knows anything about this.

Can anyone explain how I can use MCpatcher?

If anyone is also willing to share, I would be interested in Optifine with the LEAST-invasive install (no special effects, just HD textures/font). Thanks.

Use OptiFine and turn on "Custom Fonts". It's off by default, hence the default font.

Yes, but I don't know which Optifine to install for just the features I want. It seems every time I try to install it, it adds all these effects that just end up killing my framerate. Which one should I install?

Install the Ultra edition and set graphics to fast. That will immediately turn off all the junk. Set Advanced OpenGL to fast as well, it will improve framerate quite a bit.

Just fiddle with the settings and turn off OptiFine's stuff.