Somethings Wrong...

TopGun96

So I have created a modpack found

here and I thought I did everything correctly. However, when I launch it, I get a crash. However, when I add every single one of these mods to the Feed The Beast modpack, everything runs great. I can even run a server with all these mods and then join it with the FTB launcher and nothing goes wrong. However, I would like for other people to be able to join my server without having to manually mod theirs. Here is a list of the mods if it helps:

Mods:

• advancedmachines
  • advancedsolarpanel
  • buildcraft
  • chargepads-1.4.7-universal-2.4.1.66
  • ChickenChunks
  • CoFHCore
  • computercraft
  • EnderStorage
  • extrabees
  • extrabiomes
  • factorization
  • forestry
  • Forge_NBTEditv1.4.6.1
  • gravisuite
  • GregsBlocks-1.1.3-mc1.4.6
  • GregTech
  • IC2
  • IC2NuclearControl
  • industrialcraft2comboarmors-1.13 and a half
  • integratedsoundpacks
  • InvTweaks
  • IronChest
  • LiquidUU-0.7.12b-universal
  • modularforcefieldsystem
  • neiplugins
  • neipluginsredpower
  • obsidiplates
  • omnitools
  • OreDupeFix-2.0-1.4.7
  • petrogen
  • PortalGun
  • quantumpack_1.06
  • railcraft
  • redpowercompat
  • redpowercore
  • redpowerdigital
  • redpowermechanical
  • soulshards
  • StevesCarts
  • Thaumcraft
  • ThaumicBees
  • thermalexpansion
  • traincraft
  • TwilightForest
  • voxelcommon
  • voxelMap
  • VoxelMenu
  • voxelpacket
  • voxelplayer
  • wirelessredstoneaddons
  • wirelessredstonecore
  • wirelessredstoneredpower
  • xycraft

Jar Mods

• liteloader
  • MinecraftForge

CoreMods

• CodeChickenCore
  • MiscPeripherals
  • NotEnoughItems

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Gregtech is your problem, it makes MC take a coredump in its pants if it detects that it's running inside a technic folder. I strongly recommend removing it, as Greg isn't even a good Modder at all, based on that. I mean, it's like he wants you to craft a single beacon but have to get 50 Nether Stars to do it.

Gregtech is your problem, it makes MC take a coredump in its pants if it detects that it's running inside a technic folder. I strongly recommend removing it, as Greg isn't even a good Modder at all, based on that. I mean, it's like he wants you to craft a single beacon but have to get 50 Nether Stars to do it.

Thanks! I got further than I've gotten before! Unfortunately, I see a bunch of block ID's flash by and then it hangs on some xycraft ID and crashes again. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Hmmm... I tried something ID resolver and it lets me manually change the ID for every single block. When I get to a certain Xycraft block, it freezes and crashes with this error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Oil Still id must be Oil Moving id + 1

at buildcraft.BuildCraftEnergy.initialize(BuildCraftEnergy.java:133)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:487)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:153)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:86)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:505)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:161)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:412)

at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks again for any help

Change blockIDs in the configs.

I must have edited my last post while you were responding. That's what I'm trying to do, but ID resolver crashes at that point. Sorry if this is nooby of me. I'm fairly new to all this. Thanks for your help

Ok so to clarify. I have a functioning mindcrack server (with a few more mods) that I want my friends to be able to join. I have manually added the same mods to the feed the beast launcher and I can join that server just fine. So I take all the folders (mods/coremods/config) from there and put them in a separate folder. I then take the exact same version of forge that the feed the beast launcher is using and then put that in the bin folder along with the liteloader mod. I compress those two into a modpack.jar and then compress all four folders into my modpack. What am I doing wrong here? It works perfectly fine on the feed the beast launcher, but technic craps itself. Thanks so much for any help that you guys can give me.

If you're using ID resolver, there's no guarantee that the settings for block IDs in the config are taking effect.It also can have other strange effects, and might not make smart decisions, like here, where it's setting the block IDs for still and flowing oil wrong. (aside: not much to do with xycraft, I don't think. What you may be seeing is that it gets past the xycraft block and then crashes with the error above).

I would especially caution against using ID resolver for a pack, where the server's block IDs and all the player's block IDs need to match. It could make different decisions on both side, rendering people unable to connect. I'd ditch it and do your configs by hand, as theprolo said (and you apparently misinterpreted).

If you're using ID resolver, there's no guarantee that the settings for block IDs in the config are taking effect.It also can have other strange effects, and might not make smart decisions, like here, where it's setting the block IDs for still and flowing oil wrong. (aside: not much to do with xycraft, I don't think. What you may be seeing is that it gets past the xycraft block and then crashes with the error above).

I would especially caution against using ID resolver for a pack, where the server's block IDs and all the player's block IDs need to match. It could make different decisions on both side, rendering people unable to connect. I'd ditch it and do your configs by hand, as theprolo said (and you apparently misinterpreted).

Well I have managed to get the pack to run and I can even join my server with no problems. Could I just delete ID resolver now and take the new config files and put them in the modpack? Thanks.

ID resolver doesn't actually change the config files - it just makes a new set. So no, you couldn't. However, I think there's something in Options to make a list of all the IDs, although you'll have to copy them across to the mod ID files.