Multiple Versions for your Modpack

Puck7845

I know that in the launcher the framework for selecting from multiple versions of a modpack exist, as the included packs support it, but I would like to know if there was a way to add such functionality to a custom built modpack. I realize that would mean hosting multiple versions of the pack, and keeping each link alive for as long as I wanted it to be able to be downloaded, but being able to add a new version, tagged as latest, but not recommended, would be really nice.

TL;DR how do I work the magic with the different versions drop down for my own modpack?

I'd be interested in this as well, and I'd like to know what I need to do to make my modpack update. I've updated the file in my repository, but clients aren't downloading the update unless they delete my modpack and then re-add it. Any thoughts?

To make clients update you have to update the file, which you have, and change the version number. So long as your players clients have a different version number from the one on the modpack page it will ask them if they want to update. I've updated from 3.12 to 3.2, and 'updated' back to 3.12 (from 3.2) when it didn't work 'cause I messed something up somewhere.