[1.6.4]TerrorCraft - The #1 Horror Minecraft server [Custom map, NPCs, Quests, Monsters, Mystery, Building, Protection, Merchants, 24/7, Vid rewards]

Welcome to the TerrorCraft server thread!

Introduction:

TerrorCraft is the most innovative, immersive, and custom minecraft horror server ever created. To put it quite simply, there is no other server like this out there right now. Think of silent hill, meets doom, meets minecraft. You can explore mysterious places, do quests, find treasures, fight monsters, shoot stuff, or just go build a house somewhere like normal minecraft. This server features a large, interactive world that is designed like the world in any horror video game. As you progress through the story, you will find harder monsters, better gear, and more challenging quests. The server has custom music and textures, and uses the mods and plugins to create an interesting world with plenty to do.

Are you ready for a truly unique Minecraft experience? Come play terrorCraft, and unravel the mysteries of this dark new world!

How to join the server:

Simply go to http://kittenwar.com. All of the mods, textures, settings, and the server itself will be in that technic profile. For those who don't know how to use the technic launcher, you just download the launcher from their website, run it, and then paste the platform link on the page I just linked after you click "add new pack" in the launcher. Then you hit play and the launcher does the rest!

Our technic pack comes with everything you need already installed, including the server info, settings, and custom resource pack.

Videos(NEW!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-oT1kLRE0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae_3J3auUnA

Screenshots:

Here are some screenshots to show you a bit of what the server looks like. I will make a video some time soon as that will convey the feel of the server much better than just images (music and all!).2014-03-29_004225_zps34e50ddf.png2014-03-29_004238_zps8f609b3c.png

2014-03-29_004320_zpsc878b8fd.png

2014-03-29_004331_zps2164c76b.png

2014-03-29_004337_zpse5bfb6b6.png

2014-03-29_004429_zps28dd0656.png

2014-03-29_004519_zpsf887d61a.png

2014-03-29_004616_zpsc109051f.png

2014-03-29_004624_zps22f1a61d.png

Mod/music/textures:

Atm, the list includes CustomNPCs, bibliocraft, "Furniture mod", damage indicators, the chisel mod (for more blocks to build areas with), rei's minimap, and Flan's mod + a few gun packs. All music on the server is composed by myself, specifically for the server. I have also made many textures for custom aspects of the server, and will be making promotional artwork for it. The texture pack for the server is a modified version of the Silent Hill texture pack, though many aspects have been changed or replaced to suit the server.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new update is out! Come and play to see the new zone and the new skill, Demonhunting! There are also 4 new beginner quests, a new market, much more connected teleports (all markets are now linked), and much more!

I am working on finishing the endgame (after tier 6 demonhunting is finished) content, so expect some challenges in the future, for all those players who have the best gear they can find atm!

UPDATE: A new zone, 3 new bosses, a new sword (currently the best on the server), 2 new quests, and 1 new shop have been added!

Also, the server's RAM will be upgraded on Thursday from 8GB to 20GB! Plans to upgrade to 32GB are also being considered if 20 does not turn out to be enough. Hopefully this will resolve any and all lag complaints.

Be sure to make sure your PC can handle playing Minecraft with many mods before complaining of lag. In many cases, I see people complaining about how the server is lagging when there are only a few people online, and then it turns out they are playing on a low-end laptop. Remember, playing with this many mods can be hard on your system!

UPDATE: A new zone, 3 new bosses, a new sword (currently the best on the server), 2 new quests, and 1 new shop have been added!

Also, the server's RAM will be upgraded on Thursday from 8GB to 20GB! Plans to upgrade to 32GB are also being considered if 20 does not turn out to be enough. Hopefully this will resolve any and all lag complaints.

Be sure to make sure your PC can handle playing Minecraft with many mods before complaining of lag. In many cases, I see people complaining about how the server is lagging when there are only a few people online, and then it turns out they are playing on a low-end laptop. Remember, playing with this many mods can be hard on your system!

I'm having internet lag. But you shouldn't have lag when you are hosting on 8 gb of ram... what's your upload speed?

For those interested: we have upgraded to 20GB of RAM. All server side lag issues have thus been resolved (outside of the odd delay issues if we have gone a while without a restart and many chunks have loaded). Because of this, I urge players to be VERY sure that their PCs can handle this mod pack, and more importantly, the number of entities present on the server. If you have any lag now, it is likely that you need a better PC. There are no further plans at this time to upgrade the RAM further, as the amount we now have is more than enough for the number of players we have now (500 registered, 20-ish on at a time at peak hours). I imagine we could now handle 30+ at a time online now.

Lots of work is being done to prepare the next update, and I plan on having it finished sometime this week.

The new zone is being built by myself (hip_to_be_square) and estelle1122.

There will be a new zone, new mobs, new quests, and a ton of new items, and items that have not been made available at buyable items or drops before.

This update will not only introduce a higher tier of tools and gear, but will also put a large emphasis on making it easier to buy large numbers of blocks to build your homes with, including rare or otherwise unobtainable ones.

Also, for the first time new items will have custom tooltips with info and lore, so you will always know how good an item is, how to use it, and some fun story info about it!

Keep an eye out for the next update, because it is going to be a big one!

The more health RPG mod has finally been successfully added! Every other attempt to get it working had failed, but it is now added to the server. Heart pieces will now slowly be added as rewards from quests and bosses, as well as being hidden around the world. How many can you find?