Reactor power nerfed?

Tassyr

Hello all. It's been months since I played, mostly due to school, so when I Hopped on and saw the new updates I was VERY excited and promptly set about working on it. The only catch is... I can't figure out how to make a reactor worth bothering with!

Seriously, is it even possible to get a reactor to the 500 EU/t output range as a Mk1? A friend sent me this design

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7dslj3y1m0dam6jbdnvf4vwra1ql94mbl6n98zvwlh5ya5syf9dok97lkfweyfv719am9vw0622o

and the java ap claims that it should be perfect- but after only a few minutes of activation the LZH-Condensators disintegrate, and I end up with a massive crater.

Help? x.x

Problem found, the planner assumes certain things, and after a quick test on my end I have found that they are crafted fully charged, but if you hover over them you will see that some of them are absorbing beyond their limits so the planner thinks you are managing the reactor by recharging the condensers during operation

Indeed it may, so long as you can A) keep it supplied with lapis and B) keep it chunk loaded

If you fail to meet either of these conditions then all I can say is Welcome to Crater town, Population 0

It will require 800 lapis or 12/s per lapis for 1 complete cycle according to the planner (See the condensator and replacement info page) IN THEORY!

In practice I recommend having a automated cut off which will interrupt the On signal and require manual reset, this can be achieved via the reactor monitor and a toggle latch, you toggle it on and the monitor will toggle it off at X heat

Okay, I attempted to set this up; the reactor's autoheat setup cut it off nicely. And now I can't get it to cool so I can restart. I've ripped out all the uranium cells, even all the Condensators; nothing. It refuses to lower the temperature a degree. Help?

Yeah, I might just have to do that and be more responsible with -how- I use my power, because the injector refuses to inject. There's no listing of power or redstone requirements but I tried both- and nothing. Nada. No injecting, no repairing, nothing. x.x

I guess I can't use nuclear power to run UU-Fabs any more

It's just annoying that now solar power drastically outpaces nuclear. You'd think it'd be the OTHER way.

Yeah, I might just have to do that and be more responsible with -how- I use my power, because the injector refuses to inject. x.x It's just annoying that now solar power drastically outpaces nuclear. You'd think it'd be the OTHER way.

I actually exchanged compact solar for advanced solar, it turns the reactor into a stepping stone because you need a mass-fab

It's a dilemma. You need a mass fab to make advanced solar but you need advanced solar to get your mass fab to produce anything in under a million years. Anyway, this is the design I'll probably go with- I'll just make four.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7k5f4ayjv7uy18qdeooydlepoydea1ylde3n3aggf9jv8rdhpvci6lbevxjaeiteatpp8hxdt6o0

also it's a bit of a 'theme' thing sadly- I don't want to have a huge solar farm because this is underground, and fallout inspired.

[edit] sorry, posted the link to my breeder core. Whoops. >.<