Modular Powersuits: Mining while flying impossible

Flextt

Hey guys,

today I finally found a Cave World-Mystcraft-Page and decided to build a costly Jetpack to better exploit it. Unfortunately I encountered a strange occurance: While using Jetpack (+ Flight Control) blocks are literally being "repaired" before my guys. The last time I observed such a process was in protected WorldGuard areas without permissions. The damage to a block is resetted before my eyes. It can be partly circumvented by standing in a pool of water, which is arguably impractical and even then however, the damage to the block is sometimes visibly resetted. Is this a bug or a feature? Searching this forum, Muse's bug ticker on github, several wikis covering the modpack yielded no results. I would appreciate any help.

edit: I am playing tekkit lite SSP.

Are you mining close to where you spawned? It could be that the new dimension has a protected spawn.

No I travelled several thousand blocks in both the Overworld, the Nether and multiple MystCraft ages. The blocks get their "damaged" animation to a certain degree (mostly however, they don't get to the point where a crack appears) and are then regenerated. I play Tekkit Lite SSP without any protection / Op features and obviously, due to the mechanics of the jet pack, I only tried it with the Power Tool. I didn't notice the problem ever before, only with SMP WorldGuard protected areas.

Have you tried taking of the suit and mine "old style" just to see what happens then?

If that works, you might wanna try different combinations to see when it goes wrong.

How would I do that? I limited my issue explicitly to the Modular Powersuits Jet Pack (+ Flight Control) which in turn means I have to use the Power Tool (or doens'it?). Mining normally works.

Well if you can mine normally with a pickaxe with no problem the issue is with the power tool.

You can still use a pickaxe whilst wearing the powersuit.

But then I cannot use the the Powersuit modules (like Jetpack) or can I?

Edit: with "Use" I mean, having the Powertool currently equipped.

If you can mine using the powertool while standing on the ground, but not when flying, it might be that the powersource cannot deliver enough power for both at the same time.

Do you mean the packet size (e.g. EU / t) or the total amount of energy? I have a 5 mio. J battery and definitely had enough juice. If you mean the first, is there a way to counteract this?

But then I cannot use the the Powersuit modules (like Jetpack) or can I?

Edit: with "Use" I mean, having the Powertool currently equipped.

I don't know what you mean! Just cycle from your power tool to your pickaxe in your hot bar and hit stuff with it.

It will not be a power issue.

Flying causes you to break blocks slower.

Sometimes you can get a glitch if you break blocks too quickly and the server will replace them.

There is no packet data to worry about on the powersuits, the power is available instantly and is either there or not.

Have you actually installed the pickaxe add-on to the power tool?

Damn, I don't really know how to express myself more clearly.

This is usual Flextt: Minding his own business, exploiting caves and such, using the Power Tool with Pickaxe-Addon and 15x speed, In-Place Assembler, Shovel-Addon, Axe-Addon, Diamond Pickaxe upgrade and 5 million Joule to waste. I literally use the Power Tool for everything: mining, fighting, crafting. Also, if I keep the Power Tool equipped, I can use Night Vision and the Jetpack. (Which means, more generally worded: Unless I actively keep my Power Tool equipped, I access other modules of the actual Power Armor pieces like, e.g., Goggles of Revealing, Jetpack, Flight Control, Night Vision.)

This is Flextt when finding a Cave World through Mystcraft: Ohh sh*t, better craft a Jetpack to exploit all the nice ores waiting for me on the ceiling of the world.

Here comes the but(t):

- When Jetpack (+ Flight Control) are activated, I cannot mine a single block. The block gets damaged (not destroyed), but is usually instantly regenerated. Only in rare cases do I actually see the cracking animation on a block. When the regeneration is delayed for some reason (lag or whatever), the mining speed is approx. equal to flying / being underwater

- Mining when Jetpack (+ Flight Control) are deactivated works fine, even with the Power Tool

- However, the Jetpack (+ Flight Control) functionality is not accessible to me if I do not keep the Power Tool as my equipped item. That means, testing without the Power Tool is both irrelevant to my issue and unnecessary. Or this is a bug happening to me?

Edit: I posted the same issue into MachineMuse's mod thread on minecraftforum.net. To resolve it, you have to delete the battery in the Power Tool. Because the Jetpack is constantly draining power, the damage to the block is resetted due to the way Modular Powerarmor calculates energy usage. He intends to change and hence fix this though. I now have my Elite Battery in my boots, and voila, works like intended.