What are good computers for playing Tekkit?

• 4 weeks later...

*points to Vista*

Well, there's your problem! </adamsavage>

Seriously, though. You should have a system that can run at least XP, Java 7, and have plenty of memory and a decent graphics card to offset the graphics load on your processor.

• 1 month later...

When im buying a computer what kind of things should i look for! How many GHz, RAM, HDD, what kind of processor?

Is 3.1GHz, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2450M Is all that enough to run tekkit smooth wit a texture pack and recording. If so i think i might have found a good computer. But if anybody thinks that i need more of something please let me know! THANKS

Hmm, interesting... I'll might be able to help you out a bit but you should have went to an hardware forum. Anyway lets explain some things.

Lets start with the diffrence between a laptop & desktop.

A desktop with a I3 processor, 4GB ram, Harddrive and onbord gpu will give you better performance then a laptop with a i7, 8GB ram and a offboard GPU. This is because of the heat a laptop produces, all of the compoments will give 30% less performance, if the same components are put into a desktop it will give 30% more performance because of the better cooling. But that's not all... Desktops live longer and they are cheaper.

So lets see if I could make a little list for you

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Optical Drive: LG Multispin x36

SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB

RAM: Patriod DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2 modules)

HDD: Seagate Baracude 1TB 7200 RPM Cache 32MB

Case: Advance littlebox 6016 (480W PSU Included)

CPU/Proccesor: i3 3.3 MHZ Socket 1155

This will cost you around 500-700 USD, I'll recommend doing some research and build it yourself. If you'll do things will chance but this is a nice set to start with.

But you could also just buy it at the shop but that will cost you around 800-900 USD and these components in a laptop? that will be around 900-1000 USD.

Oh and some extra handy tips, Gaming computers requires a good GPU. Rendering and video editting requires a good CPU. I´ll recommend using 8GB Ram but you could always go up to 16GB.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you'll like

When im buying a computer what kind of things should i look for! How many GHz, RAM, HDD, what kind of processor?

Is 3.1GHz, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, 2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2450M Is all that enough to run tekkit smooth wit a texture pack and recording. If so i think i might have found a good computer. But if anybody thinks that i need more of something please let me know! THANKS

Those are the same-ish specs I have and I run tekkit perfectly. Just turn down some small settings like render distance and set memory usage to 6 gigs and you will have no lag when recording.

• 6 years later...
On 6/21/2013 at 2:14 AM, AcTaviousBlack said:

Those are the same-ish specs I have and I run tekkit perfectly. Just turn down some smDoall settings like render distance and set memory usage to 6 gigs and you will have no lag when recording.

Do you play on a laptop?