[Answered]Problems with GregTech Addon for IC2

jhs232

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the GregTech Addon for IC2. I'm trying to make a modpack (It will not be public, so I will not be disrespecting any of the mod authors), and I want to add GregTech. I have installed latest Forge for 1.4.7 on minecraft 1.4.7, and I have IC2 1.115.213-lf. It should work correctly, however each time I add GregTech to my mods folder, this happens: http://pastie.org/7372700 . I know that it doesn't say anything at all about GregTech, but it must have something to do with GregTech, as it only happens when I try run minecraft with GregTech. I have spoken to GregoriusT (the author of GregTech) and he says that I need to change the filepath, something that only happens if I use the Technic Launcher. I know absolutely nothing of Java or modding, so I was wondering if someone could help me fix it. That would be very appreciated. Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Thank you, theprolo and nedned2k for helping me. This has been answered, and I think this thread can be closed/deleted.

There's an option in the modpack page on technicpack.net called "Force Directory Change". Tick that box, then it'll force you to put the pack in a different folder without the word "technic" in the directory. Just make a folder called something else and select it when installing your modpack and it will fix the Gregtech crash.

So, let me get this right:

1. I make a folder outside the .technic directory (in Roaming/%appdata%)

2. I press "Add New ModPack"

3. I copy the link

4. I press "Change Folder"

5. I choose my folder

6. I install the modpack, and everything should be working

Also, thanks for helping me!

1: Doesn't need to be in AppData - I have one in my downloads folder

2: Yep

3: Yep

4: Not quite - it just has a browse folder option. You don't need to press change folder if you have the force directory change icon ticked

5: Yep, like I said it can be anywehre

6: Yep again

Shouldn't take much effort, although you may want to tell anyone else using this pack about the changing of directories thing, it can confuse people who aren't aware of it.

I dont see any "Force Directory Change" icon anywhere? Is it in the launcher? About the other people using the pack: It'll be private (as I haven't got all the author's permissions to make it public), but I guess anyone asking for it could have it.