My character's face

fullzop

Hi, I'm asking for help about the launcher. At first, when I connected my account to Technic, I had made a temporary skin. Since then, I changed it, but the launcher (even the site) still displays my old skin's face. Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Hi, I'm asking for help about the launcher. At first, when I connected my account to Technic, I had made a temporary skin. Since then, I changed it, but the launcher (even the site) still displays my old skin's face. Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Make sure your name is capitalized correctly. The skin system is case sensitive.

What do you mean? My first custom skin went automatically as my profile picture, but my new one doesn't do the same. It only applies in Minecraft.

I had this problem for a while, the reason why was that I was typing in "miniboxer" instead of "Miniboxer."

I think the issue is that his skin has successfully changed on minecraft.net, and works in-game, but, in the launcher, at the bottom-right corner, the account select icon still showing the face of his old skin. I'm having the same problem. The model in game is definitely showing a "Link, Hero of Time" skin, but the icon is still "The Cat-Boy, Mathew Gein"

does it do that even if you go offline?

(stupid question)

Actually it still displays my old profile picture, and gives me a Steve skin.

I think the issue is that his skin has successfully changed on minecraft.net, and works in-game, but, in the launcher, at the bottom-right corner, the account select icon still showing the face of his old skin. I'm having the same problem. The model in game is definitely showing a "Link, Hero of Time" skin, but the icon is still "The Cat-Boy, Mathew Gein"

Exactly.

Go to the technic launcher folder under assets there will be a png file with your mc users name. delete that

I already tried it, plus it doesn't change officially my profile picture since on the site I still have the previous one.

I have the same problem... Deleted the lastlogin, settings and my face from the cache, still downloads my old face... It might have something to do with the fact I have migrated my account...

We'll probably have to go through the technicpack.net staff to get it fixed

Any idea what the best way to contact the staff is, then? I'm getting this exact same issue, it's a pain in the butt, especially considering how often I like switching between skins.

• 1 month later...

OK, figured it out, because it was bugging the hell out of me too and there's no obvious refresh in the launcher (really?!). You have to manually browse to a URL to force the skin server to regenerate it.

The refresh URL is like "https://minotar.net/refresh/yourcharactername". It won't appear to do anything at all. Then go to "http://skins.technicpack.net/helm/yourcharactername/100" to see the image that will show up in the launcher. I had to do both a couple times, but it finally went through.

If you browse to http://skins.technicpack.net/ it'll give you the rundown of additional info.

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to refresh my avatar but it's being rather persistent. I get a 404 error when I enter my character name, and then I check my Technic Pack skin and it's still the same.

EDIT: Aha! I figured it out. Instead of minotar.net/refresh/charactername, try skins.technicpack.net/refresh/charactername, that worked right off the bat so my avatar's showing up correctly now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!