EE3 Downgrade to EE2

I will be hosting a server in the summer for a bunch of friends and I. testing the server out with this new system tekkit have got is brill I love it. The only problem is that we are sooo used to the equivilent exchange stuff. So we could convert diamonds into useful items and convert old items in to newer stuff.

doing a little research shows that currently EE2 has been discontinued but EE3 seems to be the next daddy. though the mod page it self seems to have been last updated october 2012 if i remember correctly.

My main question is, can i take out EE3 and replace it with EE2 the older one? I really cant abre the thought of not being able to conert stuff.

EG forestry, very nice little mod, very cool, very neat. I used to love making all the wood go to the condencer to make diamond. What would one do with all this wood? :L

I did try very promptly with the mod from the site . But of course the server crashed. Is there a mod out their I could use instead? Or is it worth waiting for EE3?

hopefully someone actually sees this, peace out

Trevor B

P.S If people are interested in a server in the summer, please ask me I would love playing with techy people.

Unfortunately, there will not be an update to EE2, and it will not work with Big Dig.

One suggestion for all that wood is to either store it, or make it into scaffolds for fuel. Scaffolding is really efficient for fuel, even more so than coal.

The more important question is why nobody has taken over and updated the original Equivalent Exchange. I miss having huge arrays of aggregators.

Probably something around the lines of fake copyrights/licenses/permissions.

From EE3 page of Minecraft Forums:

Will you update EE2 for MC X.Y.Z?

I have decided to focus solely on EE3 development. I feel that this version will be a superior experience to previous versions of EE, and so I have decided to make it my number one priority. I know a lot of you love EE2, so I only ask that you be patient while I flesh out more of the functionality in EE3 to get it to where I have planned.

Can I/someone I know update EE2 for you?

EE2 is a closed source mod, and as such only x3n0ph0b3 (the original author) can grant people the right to maintain/update it. Only myself and x3n0ph0b3 can update EE2, and neither of us are going to do so at this time (and this is unlikely to change in the future). EE3 was meant to be a clean break from EE2.

I was wondering if any one found a solution to that, the default version of Equivalent exchange in big dig seems to be missing quite a few things, including alchemical chests, energy condensers among a few other things, is there any way to update this?

I was wondering if any one found a solution to that, the default version of Equivalent exchange in big dig seems to be missing quite a few things, including alchemical chests, energy condensers among a few other things, is there any way to update this?

nope. Big Dig has EE3, EE2 is abandoned now. there probably isn't even a version of EE2 for that version of minecraft.

So what's the solution for the missing items?

Play tekkit classic or wait for E3 to eventually (possibly) add those items back in. Though, Ender Bags and chests can essentially take the place of alchemist bags and chests. As for condensers, those are permanently gone from Equivalent Exchange; you'll have to learn to use minium/philosopher's stones.