Tesseracts VS Phased Pipes

Qwazzy

I've been looking into these two things for some time now and I'm not quite sure I see the difference. Can anyone explain to me?

They seem to have the same function - moving things via teleportation - yet the pipes seem MUCH less expensive to build. Even with eight diamonds, it's easier than the several machines and pearls you'd need to make just one tesseract. Then again, the tesseracts seem to be able to handle more flow than a pipe... What's the difference? Maybe I'm just being clueless and missing the obvious here, or something.

Ive not used phased pipes before, but,,,,

You will need to make all of the machines anyway, so it shouldnt factor into the cost. Also, I absolutely love tesseracts. Coupled with the fact you can transmute ender pearls from iron, they are actually quite quick and easy to build. Transmute two diamond into gold, into iron into 16 ender pearls = four tesseracts worth of liquid.

These are what I think the differences between the two:

1. Tesseracts can transport superfast from A to B, faster than phased pipes and Endertanks. Better to use to hyperpump the nether empty with one fully powered pump.

2. Not sure whether phased pipes have this too, but you can have private channels.

3. Stability. The tesseracts cause close to none [i really think none at all] crashes and/or chunk resets.

Hmm. I've used phased pipes extensively in Tekkit Lite and never had a crash or bug - I just had to make sure to keep the chunk loaded. They helped with moving far-away oil, powering a Quarry in another Age, and bringing back resources from said age. I don't have to worry about privacy since I play alone, so I guess the only substantial benefit of Tesseracts would be improved efficiency in moving from A to B in a timely manner.