Lag Issues on a Server

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with joining a friends Server, i can move around alright, open doors and break blocks, but when i try to pick up the blocks ive broken it takes about 40 seconds, same with trying to open chests or crafting tables, or even sending messages on the chat.

the ping is about 430ms and ive played on his tekkit lite server at that ping rate and its ok.

ive tried dedicating more ram to the technic launcher but no improvement.

Ive also lowered every setting i could to make it run better and it doesnt change anything.

its running at about 36FPS

is anyone else having the same problem or know of a solution to it?

More people are having this issue. It has something to do with Buildcraft. I'm guessing this is fixed in the latest version, but because Mojang is too lazy to add something useful to the meta-game, we'll have to wait for Team CoFh's mods to update to 1.5.2, among others.

I'm having this problem on the server i created. I tried installing the PTweaks plugin as a work around, but found that the "plugins" folder (typical in MC and the old tekkit servers) is no longer??? WHY? :'( Am I missing something, or are we just not meant to add plugins now? Makes it difficult to run an efficient server if that's the case :/

A few things:

- It is an issue with buildcraft oil apparently that spams all players in the overworld with a zillion update packets. It was fixed in buildcraft 3.5.1, but yes, we do have a few mods to wait on. CoFHCore actually has a beta build that I was permitted to use tonight to verify that 3.5.1 does fix everyone's issue, so they're probably not going to be the holdup. Here's the list of mods that I need updates for:

- Custom LAN Port

- Treecapitator

- Backpack

- Dimensional Doors

- Mystcraft

- ComputerCraft

- ~Maybe~ OpenCCSensors, I can't test it until ComputerCraft updates

Once these mods update I can put out a tekkit 1.1.0 that will fix these issues for everyone.

Oh, and red_dust, the plugins folder existed in Tekkit Classic because it was based on bukkit. Tekkit is not. You can get access to bukkit plugins by installing MCPC+ or ForgeBukkit on your server, but we do not support those mods so you'll have to check out the mods' own websites to learn how to install them.

Hmmm well, since the update (1.0.5), things are looking a bit better. Yeah, I guessed that the general structure of the file was very different to previous versions. Lol... At first I was just hoping you'd simply renamed the plugins folder to be core mods. Wishful thinking eh? ;) I'll have a look at MCPC and ForgeBukkit as suggested. Thanks CanVox.