Sources of power

MUST_k1LL

I've been playing this new pack since it came out, it has differed so much from tekkit classic, it is currently hard for me to find a source of power its just using Stirling engines and burning so much coal. Does any one know of any other sources of power other than build craft engines? to power pulverizers, powered furnaces, induction smelter etc....

Use either Steam Engines or Magmatic Engines. They're both more powerful, but it's much easier to keep the Magmatic engine automatically supplied if you know what you're doing because it runs on lava.

Is there a way to generate lava instead of having to go out and find it? I'm looking for a type of sustainable energy, something like or similar to the solar panels in tekkit classic? Also is there a way of storing power in a machine, something like the MFSU, MFE or bat box?

There are a few ways to go about getting lava in the current Tekkit. You can set up a Nether pump and hook up liquid Tesseracts to transport the lava out of the Nether, you can use a Lava Fabricator from Minefactory Reloaded, and you can put Netherrack in a magma crucible. I tend to go for either the first or third choices, since the Lava Fabricator seems to require more power to make a bucket of lava than that bucket of lava can produce in a Magmatic Engine (although I could be wrong there).

Power can be stored in a Redstone Energy Cell. You can also move a Redstone Energy Cell without losing the power inside it by shift right-clicking it, so it's pretty useful. I also recommend switching to Redstone Energy Conduits for power transport as soon as possible - they don't explode and aren't lossy.

There are a few ways to go about getting lava in the current Tekkit. You can set up a Nether pump and hook up liquid Tesseracts to transport the lava out of the Nether, you can use a Lava Fabricator from Minefactory Reloaded, and you can put Netherrack in a magma crucible. I tend to go for either the first or third choices, since the Lava Fabricator seems to require more power to make a bucket of lava than that bucket of lava can produce in a Magmatic Engine (although I could be wrong there).

Power can be stored in a Redstone Energy Cell. You can also move a Redstone Energy Cell without losing the power inside it by shift right-clicking it, so it's pretty useful. I also recommend switching to Redstone Energy Conduits for power transport as soon as possible - they don't explode and aren't lossy.

Actually, I do believe they have a 5% loss, but that's a flat rate, it doesn't increase no matter how far the energy goes.

Actually, I do believe they have a 5% loss, but that's a flat rate, it doesn't increase no matter how far the energy goes.

At least it isn't the default 25% loss when using a Tesseract.

At least it isn't the default 25% loss when using a Tesseract.

If you are planning on using energy tesseracts to transport power around, then you probably wont care about the loss, over the convenience. Quarrying far away or in other dimensions is so much simpler when you just throw down the quarry and slap a couple of tesseracts on it (item/energy).

I didnt know conduits had any loss over distance. I thought they just had a small internal buffer. Either way, its negligible when compared to the convenience of them.

And just filling an Energy Cell or two, popping them off the ground, and physically putting them next to a quarry doesn't lose any energy save the time to prepare them.

You play your way, I'll leech off someone else's power network because they left it open.