Rei's Minimap

i am another one of those people that wants to enable all the radar things on my server, i know what i have to edit, its all on the minecraft forum post,

but can someone PLEASE tell me where the hell the file is i have to edit, i have been looking for like an hour and i give up

thanks

You have to install a plugin that gives you an MOTD, the minecraft MOTD doesn't work

One is linked on the same topic, it will generate a file called LoginMessage.txt

The default MOTD of this plugin will enable Cave Mapping and all Radars

You have to install a plugin that gives you an MOTD, the minecraft MOTD doesn't work

One is linked on the same topic, it will generate a file called LoginMessage.txt

The default MOTD of this plugin will enable Cave Mapping and all Radars

is there any chance someone could just link me directly to one that works for tekkit light ?

it didn't seem to work, i put it in the mods folder as a .zip and after that not working i put the class files in the server.jar and couldn't find a MOTD.txt

am i looking in the wrong place ?

it didn't seem to work, i put it in the mods folder as a .zip and after that not working i put the class files in the server.jar and couldn't find a MOTD.txt

am i looking in the wrong place ?

... it will generate a file called LoginMessage.txt

I already have, the mods folder, if this did not work then how about instead of assuming it's not working because my instructions are wrong you check the logs to see if there are errors because I did the following

Took the LoginMessage mod, put it in the mods folder, restarted my server, looked in the root directory (the place you find the mods folder that you just used) and it will have a file called LoginMessage.txt

If this is not the case on your end then search "LoginMessage" inside ForgeModLoader-server-0.log and see if an error stack shows up at all

If all of the hand holding I've been doing after you did 1 hour of research for a solution that is provided on the same topic as the minimap you need the MOTD for is still not helpful enough then I'll make this my last post

Good Day Sir

I already have, the mods folder, if this did not work then how about instead of assuming it's not working because my instructions are wrong you check the logs to see if there are errors because I did the following

Took the LoginMessage mod, put it in the mods folder, restarted my server, looked in the root directory (the place you find the mods folder that you just used) and it will have a file called LoginMessage.txt

If this is not the case on your end then search "LoginMessage" inside ForgeModLoader-server-0.log and see if an error stack shows up at all

If all of the hand holding I've been doing after you did 1 hour of research for a solution that is provided on the same topic as the minimap you need the MOTD for is still not helpful enough then I'll make this my last post

Good Day Sir

well thank you for your help, and i had searched for how to do it for over an hour and couldn't find a solution, maybe someone should make a tutorial on youtube for this that knows what they are doing, and i have never been able to look in log files, windows doesn't know what to open them with, and in this case they are coming up as a .LCK file which is locked apparently

i shan't request anymore help from you, but as it stands now i don't know what to do or even what the problem is

thank you again

...manually open them with WordPad or Notepad when prompted to choose a program to open the log files.

well now i am completely confused, the "ForgeModLoader-server-0.log" is completely blank and i still have no LoginMessage.

I literally have no idea what to do with this, i was expecting something in the log at least.

even if it wasn't what i was looking for,

the server has only been up for about a week or less but i don't want to start again not after the giant castle we built,

if someone even links me to other forum posts they know if i would greatly appreciate it

Your log shouldn't be empty, is the size of your log file greater than 0 at any point?

I am going to try to install that mod later to see if I can help you figure out what is wrong with yours, I won't be able to do it till later tonight when everybody gets off my server though.

Your log shouldn't be empty, is the size of your log file greater than 0 at any point?

I am going to try to install that mod later to see if I can help you figure out what is wrong with yours, I won't be able to do it till later tonight when everybody gets off my server though.

i checked again and found another log file

here are the lines containing LoginMessage

Found a candidate zip or jar file [server][1.4.7]LoginMessage_v0.4.zip

Examining file [server][1.4.7]LoginMessage_v0.4.zip for potential mods

The mod container [server][1.4.7]LoginMessage_v0.4.zip appears to be missing an mcmod.info file

FML has found a non-mod file [server][1.4.7]LoginMessage_v0.4.zip in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.

i should also note that it is in a .zip in the mods folder and i also followed the instructions in the file as well and copied the class files into the .jar