Creative SMP Hack/Bug

Their is a new hack going around allowing people to get creative on any server. I have had multiple people go on my server using this hack and some were even trying to sell the client to people on my server. I have tried everything i can to stop this. From what i have researched it is a bug with NEI where it doesn't check to see if the player has the permissions to switch into creative it just switches them anyway.

The hack changes people gamemodes to creative instantly (which i checked with /whois). They could grab any item or anything out of the creative menu and switch back to survival if they want to. If anyone knows a fix for this please let me know asap.

I think there's a config option to change this, but I'm not sure where. Check through the configs folder, specifically any CodeChickenCore, NEI or Forge configs - if it's in there somewhere, that's where it'll be.

I've also noticed a few people being able to do this on my server. I have the config of NEIServer.cfg all set to OP so they shouldnt be able to spawn items... but they can. Please give us a heads up on any suggestions... Thanks.

Just remove the NEI mod from your /mods folder in the server, anyone on your server with the /give command permissioned will still be able to spawn items through NEI, but it will completly disable the hack as it uses a bug within NEI to bypass the check is does on startup.