Strange Lag(Server) Please assist

Firedog

Long story short when I log into my friends server to play, there is a 10 second delay with everything, its like im playing the game 10 seconds in the past(player movements are off, animations are off track with sound, chests take forever to open, etc.)

This has been the case since the tekkit update, our Big Dig server is still working fine, I set up the servers and my friend hosts them, so I know all the preferences and such are fine, but why would tekkit be lagging so badly for like no reason?

Please help and thank you for your time.

We are also having this problem. Have been going through settings and wondering what's up. Everything is almost 30 seconds behind, for example: punch any mob or animal and it has no effect until 20 to 30 seconds later. You can break blocks but they will soon start to lag out and stop breaking when you punch them. Chests won't open... in short, all interactions are behind.

after hours of trying to fix the lag i think it was my 2 buildcraft pipes(Cobblestone Transport Pipes). Had them at a quarry and lagged very bad around that quarry. We have another quarry with chests right at the quarry and no pipes = no lag. Remove the pipes and let me know if it fixes it for you too?

The Buildcraft for Minecraft 1.5.1 has a few such leaks causing such lags- aside from pipes, BC oil does the same.

As soon as all mods have updated to Minecraft 1.5.2 they want to release a new Tekkit version with a BC that should solve those issues.

Lagnalok is correct. Unfortunately, the 1.5.1 Buildcraft release is terribly bugged and the Buildcraft team decided to move onto a new version that half the community wasn't using before fixing those bugs.