Safe to use rv10.m of AE with Tekkit, server side only?

Timendainum

The crafting/item retrieval bug in the version of AE that is in Tekkit 1.0.6 is getting more annoying as our AE system gets ramped up. Anyone have any idea if it's safe to manually update to the latest AE server side?

The fix is in rv10.m

http://ae-mod.info/Change-Log/

Item #2

My concern here is that even if I update server side, I might cause more problems because clients will not be updated to the same version. I'm concerned this may cause worse problems.

Has anyone tried this with any success or failure?

Hey, you won't be able to get in to the server without updateing the client. Atleast that my understanding how it works, both server and client most have same mods for them to communicate.

Hey, you won't be able to get in to the server without updateing the client. Atleast that my understanding how it works, both server and client most have same mods for them to communicate.

I figured this would be the case. No worries. We can wait until the next Tekkit update.

Is it a public server or friends only?

if friends only, just go into the server folder and your tekkit folder and remove the old file: appeng-rv10-l.zip

And then add the appeng-rv10-m.zip

Tell your friends to do the same. problem solved. The launcher don't care wich files are in the folder right now, only if there is any current updates for the mod.

And then you can simply remove the old tekkit folder and download the new version that will eventually come with the rv10-m patch.

Im using it now, aswell as the latest test version of IC2 on a test server. and no problems there.